Should One Start With Let´s Play

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
I heard from an other article that you shouldn´t start with let´s play since people wont recognize those staff fast. So you should first do interesting gaming videos than change to lets play gamplay etc. what is your idea about it. I like the idea but still i wanted to do me so i started as a lets play.

Reactions: james swartley

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
You should do whatever makes you feel more comfortable doing. If you enjoy doing LPs, do LPs. If you're going to do something that 'changes' what you want to do, later down the road, you're going to feel burned out and not want to create anymore videos.

Tudi Kovin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Honestly, start with what makes you happy and what you want to enjoy. You shouldn't choose what to upload based on what people think you should upload, but what makes you happy :)

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
Everyone will say the same thing but there is the harsh reality that you wont get any views. Not that i m making it for views but some people want that recognition :/

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I have been doing Playthroughs for 2 years now and yes it can be tough at times to get noticed, if you make a montage from your funny moments or your amazing gameplay parts from time to time then you create a diverse range and by doing this gain better audience.

If Let's play is the way you want to go then do it ;)

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
I have been doing Playthroughs for 2 years now and yes it can be tough at times to get noticed, if you make a montage from your funny moments or your amazing gameplay parts from time to time then you create a diverse range and by doing this gain better audience.

If Let's play is the way you want to go then do it ;)
Thanks alot montages are one of the big traffics of lets players. I hope to put out 1 soon

james swartley

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2016
YouTube
I heard from an other article that you shouldn´t start with let´s play since people wont recognize those staff fast. So you should first do interesting gaming videos than change to lets play gamplay etc. what is your idea about it. I like the idea but still i wanted to do me so i started as a lets play.
I would say what ever makes you feel like you are putting out the best content you can do thats what i would.. you will attract an audience based on your strengths

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'd talk to people for a considerable amount of time, because working with someone you don't mesh with, won't be pretty. It depends on how you react to different people though. You can make videos on any game, but getting attention to anything you make, will be the real task at hand ^^

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
I'd talk to people for a considerable amount of time, because working with someone you don't mesh with, won't be pretty. It depends on how you react to different people though. You can make videos on any game, but getting attention to anything you make, will be the real task at hand ^^
Agreed on that :D

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Y choosing is easy but would the other part agree on that. I mean it is usually about subs vs subs so ...
It doesn't need to be about subs. Of course getting views would be nice on the videos, but you can still get viable content out of it. People are too focused on the quantity, but not the quality. Find some legitimate people to work with, because everyone has a chance at making it big!

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
No problem, I just wanted to offer you some additional insight on the matter. I hope that you find people that work well with you Fatal, having friends makes youtube a much friendlier environment to play in ^^
Sure it is. I mean i have 1 friend that im doing youtube with(by that i mean he watches the videos and ive me feedback) and it would be less fun to just sit in front of the camera and have no one to talk to or ask their opinion :D

Reactions: james swartley

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Sure it is. I mean i have 1 friend that im doing youtube with(by that i mean he watches the videos and ive me feedback) and it would be less fun to just sit in front of the camera and have no one to talk to or ask their opinion :D
Playing with people works out so much better! I always tell others, that when you record with a close friend, people can see your true self. It's hard to be talking actively when you need to hold a conversation with yourself :p