KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I want my subscribers to enjoy and laugh and become like friends with me knowing how i feel and look! Pretty much making them feel like we are friends! So do you guys think i should use facecam?

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
Well it totally depends upon u whether u want to do it or not...u know try it out one or 2 videos and see what happens u know u should experiment with ur channel

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Adding a facacam gives a video a more personal look as people see a face with the voice wich in some cases can work for the positive.
I myself have never experienced anything from adding this to my video's and therefor don't use it anymore but this could be different for anyone else of course :)

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I want my subscribers to enjoy and laugh and become like friends with me knowing how i feel and look! Pretty much making them feel like we are friends! So do you guys think i should use facecam?
Face cam is something that I want to do myself, but on a personal level I don't feel ready as I'm still starting off. If you feel ready and want to I think its a good idea to go for it as it allow the audience to get to know and like you and your personality more.

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
Face cam is something that I want to do myself, but on a personal level I don't feel ready as I'm still starting off. If you feel ready and want to I think its a good idea to go for it as it allow the audience to get to know and like you and your personality more.
I also just got started and the facecam is decent not good and my background is pretty **** so i have to cover it with a cloth! Idk how it will look but i might as well try for a video and then i could see if it good or bad!

Zonavix

Rising User
Aug 6, 2016
United States of Murica!
YouTube
I would honestly say that it's a personal preference thing. If you do it might help your audience feel a bit closer to you but i have seen channels with no face cam that have millions of viewers and it kind of adds like a mystery type thing cause a lot of people would wonder what you look like but like i said its a preference thing. Like with me.. I feel like if i never started using a face cam id probably be doing a bit better because my cam quality sucks lol but oh well. It can't hurt to try! :D

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I would honestly say that it's a personal preference thing. If you do it might help your audience feel a bit closer to you but i have seen channels with no face cam that have millions of viewers and it kind of adds like a mystery type thing cause a lot of people would wonder what you look like but like i said its a preference thing. Like with me.. I feel like if i never started using a face cam id probably be doing a bit better because my cam quality sucks lol but oh well. It can't hurt to try! :D
i guess there is nothing to lose!

CalebKitt

Graphic Designer
Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I think that face cams can be a great addition to videos and can improve it greatly! But of course not everything is perfect. You have to exaggerate and be more animated than you normally would if you have a webcam on. Also make sure that you have a fairly decent webcam because having a bad webcam can take more away from the video than it is helping it. If you got all of that down then go for it!​

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I think that face cams can be a great addition to videos and can improve it greatly! But of course not everything is perfect. You have to exaggerate and be more animated than you normally would if you have a webcam on. Also make sure that you have a fairly decent webcam because having a bad webcam can take more away from the video than it is helping it. If you got all of that down then go for it!​
my webcam is pretty sh*t

GinjaGamer02

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 3, 2016
YouTube
If you feel cofortable putting yourself out there online then i say go for it but if you don't then don't. it can be a good way to connect with your audience but it can be hard to implement in your videos until you have a proper way to complete it. You should think about how often you would be able to do face cam and whether it would fit with your recording schedule because doing it every once in a while isn't really worth it. so in conclusion its worth it if you can put in the effort to implement it well and if you feel comfortable. hope this helps

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
If you feel cofortable putting yourself out there online then i say go for it but if you don't then don't. it can be a good way to connect with your audience but it can be hard to implement in your videos until you have a proper way to complete it. You should think about how often you would be able to do face cam and whether it would fit with your recording schedule because doing it every once in a while isn't really worth it. so in conclusion its worth it if you can put in the effort to implement it well and if you feel comfortable. hope this helps
it does help!

Sheeran Swift

New User
Aug 13, 2016
What you want to do is a very difficult job. You might think of your viewer as a friend but they might not feel the same way. Plus, let's face it, I think you are male and honestly most of the gamers are also male (no offense to the females). So, I think you should not use a facecam with every video. You should try it with a few videos and see how things go.