Should I move to YouTube Gaming from Twitch?

BatchGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2015
YouTube
BatchGaming
Hi everyone.

Yesterday, I decided to do a trial run on YouTube Gaming by livestreaming PayDay 2 and then in the evening, GTA V.

Lately, I noticed on Twitch that no one bothers to chat to you to strike up a conversation anymore. Compare that to YouTube Gaming, there's always people who are willing to chat no matter what.

My YouTube channel had 55 subs before the trial run. Now it has 58. A jump of 3 which I think is good.

I am considering leaving Twitch for YouTube gaming for streaming permanently. Do you think it is the best move?

Is there anyone else here who has experiences of this or has moved from Twitch to YouTube Gaming for their streaming?

aka

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Hi everyone.

Yesterday, I decided to do a trial run on YouTube Gaming by livestreaming PayDay 2 and then in the evening, GTA V.

Lately, I noticed on Twitch that no one bothers to chat to you to strike up a conversation anymore. Compare that to YouTube Gaming, there's always people who are willing to chat no matter what.

My YouTube channel had 55 subs before the trial run. Now it has 58. A jump of 3 which I think is good.

I am considering leaving Twitch for YouTube gaming for streaming permanently. Do you think it is the best move?

Is there anyone else here who has experiences of this or has moved from Twitch to YouTube Gaming for their streaming?
I have been streaming on hitbox -twitch and directly on YT for quite long time now so i can give you my impressions and maybe some help :)
Hitbox: Very good for EU streamers doesn't required lot of bandwith to stream decent,you will find some viewers from time to time and also trough freedom you allow to monetize your content and get the subs button from the beginning,is good to grow your audience but not that good if you always stuck on 1-2 viewers.
YT: Best platform to get viewers but it does required lot of bandwith to stream decent,probably also the best platform to have a very animated chat since there is more chance that your channel will viewed trough your videos so is the best platform for smaller channel,you can monetize your stream but be AWARE: there's no live support with freedom music during live stream so if you use something like position music during your live stream you have an higher chance that your stream get shut down and terminate due copyright stryke.
Twitch: overall is the best platform in term of bandwith,use to required tons of bandwith to stream decent but now some change have been made and now run smoothly,you can't monetize your stream unleass you apply for partnership but it does have a very big requirement to apply for partnership something like: 500 constant viewers etc etc and 100k+ subs on YT channel if you apply trough YT.
twitch is the most famous platform ever but i will never suggest to stream there unleass your have at least a small audience that follow you every were.. so if you are very small don't stream on twicth,you will only struggle in the dark of bigger streamers and nobody will notice you,when you will be bigger than you can switch again on twitch.
looking at you i will definetly suggest to stream on YT and maybe give it a try on Hitbox...forget about twitch for now ;)

Reactions: BatchGaming

BatchGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2015
YouTube
BatchGaming
I have been streaming on hitbox -twitch and directly on YT for quite long time now so i can give you my impressions and maybe some help :)
Hitbox: Very good for EU streamers doesn't required lot of bandwith to stream decent,you will find some viewers from time to time and also trough freedom you allow to monetize your content and get the subs button from the beginning,is good to grow your audience but not that good if you always stuck on 1-2 viewers.
YT: Best platform to get viewers but it does required lot of bandwith to stream decent,probably also the best platform to have a very animated chat since there is more chance that your channel will viewed trough your videos so is the best platform for smaller channel,you can monetize your stream but be AWARE: there's no live support with freedom music during live stream so if you use something like position music during your live stream you have an higher chance that your stream get shut down and terminate due copyright stryke.
Twitch: overall is the best platform in term of bandwith,use to required tons of bandwith to stream decent but now some change have been made and now run smoothly,you can't monetize your stream unleass you apply for partnership but it does have a very big requirement to apply for partnership something like: 500 constant viewers etc etc and 100k+ subs on YT channel if you apply trough YT.
twitch is the most famous platform ever but i will never suggest to stream there unleass your have at least a small audience that follow you every were.. so if you are very small don't stream on twicth,you will only struggle in the dark of bigger streamers and nobody will notice you,when you will be bigger than you can switch again on twitch.
looking at you i will definetly suggest to stream on YT and maybe give it a try on Hitbox...forget about twitch for now ;)

Thanks for your input @aka. Very informative.

The only thing is that I can either only stream to YouTube or Twitch as I only use the inbuilt share functions of the PS4. My PC is not high spec enough to go pro and looking to do that with a new PC someday.

I don't intend to use background music anyway while live streaming as you've pointed it out well and hate to end up with a shut down YouTube account or copyright strikes. It's worse now too. Use the game soundtrack in-game (such as GTA V), copyright issues.

aka

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Thanks for your input @aka. Very informative.

The only thing is that I can either only stream to YouTube or Twitch as I only use the inbuilt share functions of the PS4. My PC is not high spec enough to go pro and looking to do that with a new PC someday.

I don't intend to use background music anyway while live streaming as you've pointed it out well and hate to end up with a shut down YouTube account or copyright strikes. It's worse now too. Use the game soundtrack in-game (such as GTA V), copyright issues.
you can just avoid this problem and download music from epidemic sounds web-site trough freedom it's free download, royalty free and you won't get ani kind of claims on YT so it's 100% safe.
I did that when i was streaming on YT and never had ani problems while streaming 5 hours every single day

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
I used to stream on Twitch every day mostly but decided to try YouTube Gaming and haven't been back on Twitch since.

You can get your channel out there more, gain more viewers and subs. Another good point is a lot more people interact with your stream :)

BatchGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2015
YouTube
BatchGaming
you can just avoid this problem and download music from epidemic sounds web-site trough freedom it's free download, royalty free and you won't get ani kind of claims on YT so it's 100% safe.
I did that when i was streaming on YT and never had ani problems while streaming 5 hours every single day

Nice one. My Astros are currently not able to pick up background noises (noise cancellation) but due to awful microphone quality, giving the chat cable fix a go tomorrow and hoping (fingers crossed) that will pick it up as well as clearer mic quality. I'll keep Epidemic Sounds in mind. Also, I noticed Nightbot have made a beta version of the Youtube gaming bot and has a built-in song playlist there so hoping these are YT free.

I used to stream on Twitch every day mostly but decided to try YouTube Gaming and haven't been back on Twitch since.

You can get your channel out there more, gain more viewers and subs. Another good point is a lot more people interact with your stream :)

Thanks for that Rees. It's sounds like I am heading the same direction as you then :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451478657][/DOUBLEPOST]Just to update that I did another stream on YouTube Gaming and noticed that i gained another 6 subs. I am mightily impressed. Maybe its down to you guys at Freedom as well as being discovered by those who use YouTube.

I think @ReesFitz92 and @TwilightPrinze were completely right too on what you have been saying. I am so close to closing my twitch down now.

Last edited: