Should I Keep Doing a Series?

mister_hugill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 11, 2016
YouTube
Hello again.
I was wondering if I should keep on making my Gaming News series where I go over new releases for the next months. I have made a few episodes now and I'm not sure if all my active subs like them, and the ones who do watch only watch about a third of the video.
Please let me know in the poll above ^^^^

Thanks,
Robin.

Axeplosive

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
Hellow Mister Hugill! I've had the same question myself when making a series that I'm not sure my viewers are as excited to watch as I'd hoped they'd be. When it comes to figuring out whether or not to keep up with a series, you'll need to go through a few questions for yourself.

1) Am I enjoying making this series?
This is a huge question that can really help any channel, big or small. If you do not enjoy making videos of a certain content, your lack of enthusiasm will likely show on your videos. It's like going into a job you hate everyday: You'll hate every minute you spend in your office, you'll hate everything that is going on, and you only find joy when its all over. The key to having an authentic channel that your subscribers and viewers enjoy is to make sure you are making content that you love and enjoy creating.

You've probably seen/heard that everywhere, but its a tried and true mentality!

2) Is there a way I can spice things up?
Your channel can be kind of like a relationship: after a longer period of time, doing the same thing over and over again tends to wear on the relationship, eventually making one or both of the parties involved feeling disinterested in the partnership. If you DO enjoy making this series but feel like its in a bit of a slump, find a way to spice it up! Add some cool overlays, make a new exciting intro/end card, find some BOMB sounding music to put in the background that gets your and your viewers active and pumped! Maybe even try to do something different for each video, doing that will help you feel out what sticks and what doesn't. Also, by making a bit more variety, your viewers will go into your videos thinking, "I wonder what will be different in this video?!" It keeps your series alive and also gives it a new skip to its step!

3) Ask for suggestions!
Your subscribers are a great source to pitch questions to and will love knowing that their assistance now can/will help out your channel farther on down the road! Your subs want you to succeed, it's just human nature, and if they see you reaching out to them in regards to helping out the channel you are both invested in, they'll be sure to give you honest and thoughtful advice.

I hope something here helped, I have to ask myself these questions everyday to make sure I am staying true to my channels vision and keep at it! Good luck, my good sir!

mister_hugill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 11, 2016
YouTube
Thanks for that.
I do enjoy making them videos and I always have. I love the fact that YouTube is a place where you can ask for suggestions, but none of my 58 subscribers write in the comments they just watch the video and maybe give it a like, even if I ask them to comment.
But I will ask myself those questions more and hopefully it'll help me in the long run.

Thanks.

Casanova Kurai

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
YouTube
I looked at your channel and you only have two of the "gaming news" videos up, regardless of the analytics at this point, I'd recommend figuring out if it's really what you like doing, and if it is, then start making scripts, say the lines over and over and clip the audio over the gameplay footage. then start adding text to the videos. It's all about making what you like and will make you happy on your channel and continuing to make it. "BE CONSISTENT!" as the Freedom Academy would tell you. just also keep making those videos better. build your news persona and remember you can always look up videos on how to edit your audio and clip it properly so it doesn't sound too bad. Best of luck!

You don't have a lot of content yet or views but know you're just starting out! Keep up the good work!

Axeplosive

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
Thanks for that.
I do enjoy making them videos and I always have. I love the fact that YouTube is a place where you can ask for suggestions, but none of my 58 subscribers write in the comments they just watch the video and maybe give it a like, even if I ask them to comment.
But I will ask myself those questions more and hopefully it'll help me in the long run.

Thanks.
Yeah man, no problem! If in the future you are looking for more suggestions, go ahead and toss it up in one of the forums here, someone is bound to give you some more feedback for ya!

mister_hugill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 11, 2016
YouTube
I looked at your channel and you only have two of the "gaming news" videos up, regardless of the analytics at this point, I'd recommend figuring out if it's really what you like doing, and if it is, then start making scripts, say the lines over and over and clip the audio over the gameplay footage. then start adding text to the videos. It's all about making what you like and will make you happy on your channel and continuing to make it. "BE CONSISTENT!" as the Freedom Academy would tell you. just also keep making those videos better. build your news persona and remember you can always look up videos on how to edit your audio and clip it properly so it doesn't sound too bad. Best of luck!

You don't have a lot of content yet or views but know you're just starting out! Keep up the good work!

I did make about 20 of these altogether but on my other channel which got closed down because I had 173 copyright warnings from doing live streams. People seemed to like getting all the latest news on games back then but people had trouble finding me on my new account. Sad times...