Should I do my videos like this from now on?

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
I'm trying a new way of editing and doing my videos, before I would 20 to 40 minute let's plays, but those didn't get many views, so from now on, should I cut down my videos to 5 to 10 minutes and commentary instead of Let's Plays? Also I don't really know what else to record, by which I mean what to talk about, please leave suggestions, and thank you :)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I'm trying a new way of editing and doing my videos, before I would 20 to 40 minute let's plays, but those didn't get many views, so from now on, should I cut down my videos to 5 to 10 minutes and commentary instead of Let's Plays? Also I don't really know what else to record, by which I mean what to talk about, please leave suggestions, and thank you :)
I think you should definitely have more short length videos, and maybe do full length gameplays once in a while, once you build up an audience who will watch you no matter the video (that's what I've worked up to). You get props for doing this live though, most COD commentators do it in post and talk about unrelated stuff. Keep being genuine and live, I think people like seeing your reactions. Your commentary will get better over time with practice. Just keep practising. I don't think a face-cam is necessary though.

Don't apologize though, because your viewers won't notice your "echo", and it's not even noticeable to be honest. You're just pulling your quality down in the eyes of viewers. Don't ever apologize or bring attention to the quality of your production. Just jump into content.

As far as commentary topics, talk about whatever. I think it's best to talk about yourself though and your real life (if you're ok with sharing personal stuff). You can really connect with viewers that way, and they'll like your content for you, and not for your 1080p60fps quality. That leaves the door open for other types of content should you want to post an occasional vlog or something.

Reactions: VingtHundred

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
I think you should definitely have more short length videos, and maybe do full length gameplays once in a while, once you build up an audience who will watch you no matter the video (that's what I've worked up to). You get props for doing this live though, most COD commentators do it in post and talk about unrelated stuff. Keep being genuine and live, I think people like seeing your reactions. Your commentary will get better over time with practice. Just keep practising. I don't think a face-cam is necessary though.

Don't apologize though, because your viewers won't notice your "echo", and it's not even noticeable to be honest. You're just pulling your quality down in the eyes of viewers. Don't ever apologize or bring attention to the quality of your production. Just jump into content.

As far as commentary topics, talk about whatever. I think it's best to talk about yourself though and your real life (if you're ok with sharing personal stuff). You can really connect with viewers that way, and they'll like your content for you, and not for your 1080p60fps quality. That leaves the door open for other types of content should you want to post an occasional vlog or something.
Wow, thank you very much for telling me this :)

minecraftgamingprods

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 18, 2014
lithuania
www.youtube.com
YouTube

hey mate u have fantastic channel!!!
would u mind checking mine aswell?
could u tell me what should i do better , what should i improve ?