Should I change my youtube name?

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
My current youtube name is MAKE ME LAUGH YOUTUBE and now honestly i'm thinking about changing it. Should I? If you think so any ideas? lol having kinda a hard time to think of a username if I decide to change it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Change it to something that represents you, and don't take name inspiration from us. It must be something you think long and hard about, something you are certain you'll be fine being referred to as if your channel explodes.

Nothing like getting a million subscribers having the name "ButtMonkeyUnicornNipNops".

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Im going to change it just currently of something like you said thats me but also something that no one else has or does not sound generic thanks !

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
To give my honest $0.02 on that name, I think it is something that would be better used to describe a group rather than an individual, and that name kinda makes you should like you're trying a little too hard to be a gangster.

That's my impression on it before watching any of your content, do you want that to be the impression of everyone on your channel?

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
A good name should always mean something to you :)
To give my honest $0.02 on that name, I think it is something that would be better used to describe a group rather than an individual, and that name kinda makes you should like you're trying a little too hard to be a gangster.

That's my impression on it before watching any of your content, do you want that to be the impression of everyone on your channel?
I appreciate your honesty but Ima keep it that way.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
that's not on us to decide. you should that decide it yourself. but if you already ask this. then you better change your name. all becasue it seems that you're not happy with the YT name you have now. but what it wil be is on you to decide. be creative!

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Appreciate all the responses but sucks knowing the custom url wont change but im kinda digging my new name Nothin But A G-Thang. The G is silent for gamer/gaming XD

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Did you know your name is also that of a Dr. Dre song?
Yes I did that's where I got the idea from lol big old school rap fan I prefer old school rap more than new school tbh I do like new school but just feels like it isnt as dope as some older artists like 2pac, biggie, lighter shade of brown and the list goes on. Just the G is silent for gamer/gaming.

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
I agree with Breezy123. Your channel name should be something you come up with yourself. You know better than anyone what your vision is for your channel. :D

Reactions: MMLY