Should I add background music to my videos?

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
I am pondering adding some background Non-Copyright music into my video
Here is my latest video (as of UK: 20/08/16 & US: 08/20/16)
It doesn't have any background music.
Please watch it and tell me do I need background music
All and Any Feedback is Much Appreciated
Thanks For Reading, The OG Lime :)

Rapid Fury

Respected User
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
Hey your video is good but background music will help it a lot i have started to add background music to my latest videos you can check them out on my channel and if you like the content like and subscribe and i will check out your channel and if i lie your channel i will subscribe but please do not sub 4 sub

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
Hey your video is good but background music will help it a lot i have started to add background music to my latest videos you can check them out on my channel and if you like the content like and subscribe and i will check out your channel and if i lie your channel i will subscribe but please do not sub 4 sub
Hey man just curious. What editing software do you use

Aug 20, 2016
Indiana
YouTube

Hey this is a very great video. I find it distracting putting background music specifically on FPS gameplay unless it's during an introduction. I don't post background music in my FPS gameplay, but when I make sports videos I do. Just make sure everything's cited and no copyright can be found!

The OG Lime

Rising User
Jul 8, 2016
YouTube
Hey this is a very great video. I find it distracting putting background music specifically on FPS gameplay unless it's during an introduction. I don't post background music in my FPS gameplay, but when I make sports videos I do. Just make sure everything's cited and no copyright can be found!
Yeah I get all my my music For NoCopyrightSounds YouTube and like them in every video

LieutenantT1tan

Rising User
Aug 22, 2016
England
YouTube
LieutenantTitan
I find if your doing a third person commentary which is recording your voice over a gameplay for a topic or maybe something like a channel update then it is fine to add music to the background. Just make sure it is not loud, Your voice should be clear.

TheNickelKing

Rising User
Jan 7, 2016
YouTube
background music is the best way to attract your audience into watching and it adds a sense of action to your videos. and if you want non copyrighted songs i can hook you up man just let me know
\

Fatal Beauty

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2016
YouTube
thefatalbeauty
Music sounds best in montages. If you make let's play videos, music isn't necessary unless you use sound effects at certain points for emphasis such as an awkward silence or drum roll. In funny moments videos, a dim music in the background that doesn't block your voice sounds great and keeps the audience engaged.

Dezy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
New Orleans
YouTube
d3zydration
It really depends on the game. For games that make a lot of noise, I'd advise against it. But for quieter games -- like in the footage you've posted -- I think it would be nice to have some low-volume instrumental music in the background. I did this in my most recent let's play, actually. When it got too quiet, I'd just pop some music into that background and I think it gives it a nice polish to fill in the dead air, you know?

Casanova Kurai

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
YouTube
YES! You definitely add some background music, particularly something that compliments your commentary and the feel for your presence in you videos. Also! If it's alright I'd like to give you another tip and that's about your intro (if you don't want to hear it that's fine). Tropical music is often funny with games like counter-strike, and sometimes it's acceptable to just turn off the in game sound and just have your voice over with the music!

It's best to capture your audiences attention and their desire to watch your video within the first five minutes of the video. most people will click away from a intro clip with your channel name. I would get something funny and entertaining that shows the type of content in the video and post it in the beginning THEN clip to your intro which should again only be a few seconds long.

Reactions: Dezy