Should Freedom! start paying in Bitcoins?

Josh Stiles

New User
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Hallo, ok so I have no problem with paypal at all but do you think Freedom! should start expanding their methods of paying partners? I feel like Bitcoin and Paypal could be the only 2 if necessary so that partners that use or prefer either payment method can be happy yea?

F! Ronaldo

Partner Manager
Staff Member
Jun 2, 2016
www.facebook.com
YouTube
On a personal standpoint, I like of the idea of being paid in bitcoins but I worry about its stability compared to flat currency. For now, Paypal is the only option that Freedom! offers for its partners.

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hmm i dont know. Most people dont earn enough to even get 0,01 bitcoin and this valuta is subject to heavy changes on almost a daily basis.

Im all up for a different payment method, but i doubt paypal will be any good.

F! Ronaldo

Partner Manager
Staff Member
Jun 2, 2016
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Me and my wife, thru her online shop , have been using Paypal for ages now and never had any issues except that they do not offer over the phone support here in our country. Other than that, its quite ok.

Hmm i dont know. Most people dont earn enough to even get 0,01 bitcoin and this valuta is subject to heavy changes on almost a daily basis......

Totally agree on this.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
freedom uses PayPal for a reason. It's secure, easy to intergrate and their system is built for it. They have a custom built System for rolling out the money to PayPal and it's pretty reliable, PayPal provides an easier way of rolling out the money aswell as security.
Bitcoins would be illogical since not everyone uses it and they would have to build another system.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would have to agree with Showcase above, Paypal is reliable, and easier to use to roll out the amount owed to every Freedom partner each month. I'm sure in the future Freedom will expand the payment system, but for now Paypal is the safest and secure payment method

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If I remember rightly, there's nothing stopping you from converting your Freedom! earnings from your Paypal into Bitcoin.
YouTube pays Freedom! in USD, and if there were a change in the value of bitcoin between the time of conversion and the time of being sent off, you wouldn't be getting paid what you earned and that's a hole in the system which YouTube doesn't want networks, or any adsense partner, to try to exploit.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Unfortunately I think it would just complicate things a bit too much, the paypal company is a least quite reliable in that they will say when the payment has gone though and have the ability to do mass payments. I've haven't really dealt with Bitcoin but I'm guessing there would still have to be a method to get the money converted and then sent out.

Haste

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2016
YouTube
I personally would hate to get paid in Bitcoins due to their horrible stability. You never know when a drug dealing website will get taken down and the price will drop by $100/coin. I prefer to sit on my money knowing that it's stable and won't go anywhere anytime soon. Just my opinion. Having the option would be nice, I guess.