Sell your GPU's now!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The GTX 1070 and 1080 have been announced and are guaranteed to be a seriously hot commodity.
The GTX 1080 is going to sell for $599 for the base model, will come with 8GB of GDDR5. The speed of this GPU is touted to be as much as 3x that of the GTX 980 (which I currently have). Just to put some scale to how powerful it really is, it's faster and more powerful than the Titan X, which is nuts!

Who wouldn't want it!? 3x the performance of a 980 for the price of a 980 Ti is a steal.

I watched Mush's video on the topic and he is hyped, just by his voice its evident.
[NOT MY VIDEO]

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
I'd love to sell my current card, but if I do I can't game any more.
I feel it's important to note that just because the hardware is "3x the performance", you won't be getting 3x the frame rate. Lots of first time buyers and others with little understanding of computers go by numbers and assume that bigger is better. While this is true with the 1080 being better than a 980, it doesn't mean that it will be equivalent to 3 980s. Just throwing that out there in case some people don't understand.

Reactions: Caleb Calvert

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
I'd love to sell my current card, but if I do I can't game any more.
I feel it's important to note that just because the hardware is "3x the performance", you won't be getting 3x the frame rate. Lots of first time buyers and others with little understanding of computers go by numbers and assume that bigger is better. While this is true with the 1080 being better than a 980, it doesn't mean that it will be equivalent to 3 980s. Just throwing that out there in case some people don't understand.
That is a great point !

Reactions: slizerbladez

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I'm happy with my R9 380 for now, it does what I want it to do. But realisticly if you've bought a card in the lest three years or so you won't really need to upgrade for a while as games still run reasonably on 2014/15 cards. the only reason you would is if you had lots of money to burn or really needed an upgrade from some old 2GB DDR3 card.