Tips & Tricks Schedule Question

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Hi guys,
I actually don't know where to ask this on here but...
I was just wondering, since I'm a small channel. How often should i upload my videos? Cause I know its 'Quality Over Quantity' but apparently one of the ways to get more views and such is to upload 1 or 2 videos daily. But since i have a small channel and busy with my work should I just stick to what I'm doing now which is a weekly upload?
What do you guys do?
What do you guys suggest?

The Con

New User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
TheCon_YT
It'd probably be better if you had a few scheduled days, such as Wednesday and Sunday or something like that, but make sure your viewers know what day or days you upload on so they'll always see your content.
-The Con

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
Well the best thing is just to do what you have time with so if you can just make one good video a week then do one video a week

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
It'd probably be better if you had a few scheduled days, such as Wednesday and Sunday or something like that, but make sure your viewers know what day or days you upload on so they'll always see your content.
-The Con
I'll try giving it a shot and see if i can do more than 1 video a week but it'll really depend on how busy I am. Thanks for the advice man!

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Well the best thing is just to do what you have time with so if you can just make one good video a week then do one video a week
Hmm... yeah i'll see what i can do because i at least have a set roster for work so it should help me out a bit but we'll see. Thanks for the advice! :)

Reactions: Prilixy

The Con

New User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
TheCon_YT
Yeah, no problem, I really love these forums and it's pretty nice now to be partnered with fullscreen. It's great I can help other YouTubers out now more easily.
-The Con

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Yeah, no problem, I really love these forums and it's pretty nice now to be partnered with fullscreen. It's great I can help other YouTubers out now more easily.
-The Con
It is a great place haha, getting alot of advice and being able to have a casual talk with other youtubers that's around my size too :)

Fooly Loaded Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2016
Atlanta, GA.
YouTube
Hi guys,
I actually don't know where to ask this on here but...
I was just wondering, since I'm a small channel. How often should i upload my videos? Cause I know its 'Quality Over Quantity' but apparently one of the ways to get more views and such is to upload 1 or 2 videos daily. But since i have a small channel and busy with my work should I just stick to what I'm doing now which is a weekly upload?
What do you guys do?
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks for the question. I am in the same situation and trying to get started, so any tip or advice helps alot.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
I think you should upload a time that is more suitable to the time of your subscribers. If there is anyway you would be able to know what time of day and what day your videos are getting more views, you could upload during those times. But, you know, it ain't that much of a sure thing, so you can experiment and see which days get more views. Also, if you can, upload 2-3 times per week, and have a schedule, so that your subscribers and soon to be subscribers would be updated for it.

That'll be all, and hopefully I have made a point here haha xDD

Last edited:

SpringFromMinecraft

Rising User
Feb 16, 2016
YouTube
Start out simple Like once a week on the weekend, and upload it (Or schedule it to upload is better) at 2:00 PM Every time you upload it on the certain date you choose.

Were aiming for when people is mostly off of work and school, so that when your subs get alerted that you've uploaded a video then they'll more likely watch it at that time, also more of your subs will know what time you upload, and will expect to watch that video at that time

SkynzorsVariety

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I am honestly not sure. You can make 1 video a week, have it a viral video and you are done. Settled. You can have 1 video a day, but nothing breaking above 20 views...

It all depends on a bit of luck to be honest.

On average I would upload ATLEAST 2 videos a week with a fixed time stamp.
Figure out what time people upload mostly and on what day. Don't upload on that day or time ;)

If you need more suggestions, you can add them to the immense tutorial i've been writing together with other youtubers.
I am sure it'll help you ! :)

Advanced Tips and Beginner tips for Youtube. (ONLY TEXT, NO VIDEO)

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I think you should upload a time that is more suitable to the time of your subscribers. If there is anyway you would be able to know what time of day and what day your videos are getting more views, you could upload during those times. But, you know, it ain't that much of a sure thing, so you can experiment and see which days get more views. Also, if you can, upload 2-3 times per day, and have a schedule, so that your subscribers and soon to be subscribers would be updated for it.

That'll be all, and hopefully I have made a point here haha xDD
Gonna be pretty hard to do 2 videos a day cause i usually take my time with my edits and with my job in the way aswell but we'll see. Thanks for the advice! :)

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Start out simple Like once a week on the weekend, and upload it (Or schedule it to upload is better) at 2:00 PM Every time you upload it on the certain date you choose.

Were aiming for when people is mostly off of work and school, so that when your subs get alerted that you've uploaded a video then they'll more likely watch it at that time, also more of your subs will know what time you upload, and will expect to watch that video at that time
that actually sounds like a good idea. I'll try uploading this tomorrow around the afternoon and see what kind of response i'll get. Thansk for the advice! :)

DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I am honestly not sure. You can make 1 video a week, have it a viral video and you are done. Settled. You can have 1 video a day, but nothing breaking above 20 views...

It all depends on a bit of luck to be honest.

On average I would upload ATLEAST 2 videos a week with a fixed time stamp.
Figure out what time people upload mostly and on what day. Don't upload on that day or time ;)

If you need more suggestions, you can add them to the immense tutorial i've been writing together with other youtubers.
I am sure it'll help you ! :)

Advanced Tips and Beginner tips for Youtube. (ONLY TEXT, NO VIDEO)
Guess its just the right place at the right time. all luck. I'll try to upload at least more than one video a week then, thanks for the advice! :)

Reactions: SkynzorsVariety

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Gonna be pretty hard to do 2 videos a day cause i usually take my time with my edits and with my job in the way aswell but we'll see. Thanks for the advice! :)

Whoa whoa. I said per day? Lol. I mean per week man, 2-3 times per week. I must be half awake when I wrote this. xDD I'mma edit that