Schedule Question

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
So originally when I uploaded content I was able to schedule the video in order for it to release at a certain time, but coming back now I have lost that ability. Is this a glitch, was this updated out, or do I need to do something more in order to regain this ability, because it would make my life 5 hours easier if I didn't need to do it manually. Thank you for your time.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
It should still be there. It is for me and I think they'd get a ton of complaints from people if they suddenly got rid of it for no reason.

Though... they did get rid of tag suggestions for no reason so what do I know maybe it's something that is coming. Hope not though.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Hm, it still works for me:

Are you sure you have it under "scheduled?" Otherwise, I think you should look on the youtube google forums and see if you can find any help that way. It sounds like a pretty odd glitch.

Until you figure it out, I'd say, whenever you upload, upload it under "private" that way it won't show up to other people but is still in your system. Then, when you want to publish it, you can change that to "public."

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
Hm, it still works for me:

Are you sure you have it under "scheduled?" Otherwise, I think you should look on the youtube google forums and see if you can find any help that way. It sounds like a pretty odd glitch.

Until you figure it out, I'd say, whenever you upload, upload it under "private" that way it won't show up to other people but is still in your system. Then, when you want to publish it, you can change that to "public."
I already do that, and have asked on google forums. I was confused when I checked and all I had was Public, Private, and Unlisted. I still can't set a schedule.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It has nothing to do with which account is affected or not, and it's always a user error.

In order to be able to schedule a video, you absolutely CANNOT have your settings saved as public or unlisted at any time during the uploading process, if you do then the option to schedule goes grey and can no longer be accessed in that uploading "session".

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
It has nothing to do with which account is affected or not, and it's always a user error.

In order to be able to schedule a video, you absolutely CANNOT have your settings saved as public or unlisted at any time during the uploading process, if you do then the option to schedule goes grey and can no longer be accessed in that uploading "session".
No, that doesn't seem to be the problem, as the scheduling button isn't even there. If it was there I'd use it. Everyone else who has the schedule button see's it there. I'm not doing anything different from those accounts.