Gaming RussD3x - Gaming and Vlogs

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Hey guys, I'm Russell, Russ for short and I'm a new YouTube Gamer and Vlogger.
I am from England, UK and I am turning 18 in like 3 days.
I found freedom randomly through the intermawebs and decided I'd give it a try considering it's a no-lock-in service (I have yet to be linked though)
I wanted to join these forums as I believe it would be a great way to find people to collaborate with and help both mine and their channels grow.

In my spare time I play basketball, I occasionally go skateboarding however that hobby is mostly behind me. Other talents I have involves beat box, piano and singing... Weird I know. XD
I have a lot of interests and one of these is food... surprise surprise. Although I can no longer have them as much, my favourite food has to be a cheese sandwich wrapped in bacon and then fried - *droooooooollls*

I started my channel on the 13th August last year however I hadn't uploaded until around early September this year as I wanted to build my PC beforehand. Which I have xD I started YouTube as i feel like I could have the potential to entertain others and as I enjoy working with others and playing games, I figured... why not record myself playing them and it just sorta went from there.
My largest dream... To die happy.
I run a Gaming/Vlogging channel (mostly gaming though)
I upload all sorts of content from random flash games to Steam games and I sometimes stream too. I don't have a fixed upload schedule however I plan to add videos at least twice (or more) a week.

My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClGgCKggbaWsdoDS868NeYQ/

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Welcome Russ! Even if you did join the forums in August :p

How long since you applied to be linked?

It's been a while I got the request but then got caught up in a lot of work for college so i didnt have the time but things have been balanced out so when I went to accept the link.. I couldn't as it disappeared and I have no clue how to re-apply.

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Welcome nice intro really look foward to check you out(y) (Y)
Ah thanks man, I saw you asked what software I use to record. Well for future reference if you don't see it on the comment section before here and for future references I use Bandicam :)[DOUBLEPOST=1445996455][/DOUBLEPOST]Thought I'd asked quick question, how do you think I could improve my channel?

Last edited:

PlayerNotJump

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 4, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Thought I'd asked quick question, how do you think I could improve my channel?
*in the best morgan freeman accent* According to my 2 years of experience, these are the things you require :-

1.) Good thumbnails - You can use photoshop but there are alternatives like https://pixlr.com/editor/
2.) Good Titles - Give catchy titles, but not misleading ones.
3.) Youtube Search Engine optimization - This is the most important one out of all. You have to put in a really good description. Don't just type random words, or else you're risking a BAN from YouTube. In the description, tell what happened in the video, and people don't normally read descriptions, so say what you want to, in the description.
4.) Tags - This is the second most important after the previous one. You need to put relevant tags, and not put irrelevant ones.
5.) everything thats up there... pretty much...

Glad to have you here!

Reactions: russd3x

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Welcome To Freedom! :D

I really love your channel genre because its more of an entertainment channel than just gaming , so you actually have the best package :D

However, i think with little bit development you can take your channel so far than you ever imagined because your commentary right there is catchy and makes viewers stay engaged with the video :D , and that is by itself s major thing that not a lot of people have :D, but i think your channel kind of need some quality to complete its basics , i know you have just started uploading , but i think you should first improve your graphics , and specially the Thumbnails because they are like the attention getters , so its really important to have that plus in the future you may wanna upgrade your Banner because it gives a good impression about your channel :D also you have to go with the fact that you have to have a good audio that goes along with that AWESOME commentary which is not a hard task to do actually because you can actually edit your audio using an audio editing software like audacity which is actually easy to use , to edit your audio with!

That's pretty much it because i think that you have a great channel with potential , so maybe you want to expand your work to make it even better, and just never stop the development in all terms :D

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU MAN! :D

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Welcome to freedom. Nice a new vlogger inbox me
I will when I figure out how too xD[DOUBLEPOST=1446577775][/DOUBLEPOST]
*in the best morgan freeman accent* According to my 2 years of experience, these are the things you require :-

1.) Good thumbnails - You can use photoshop but there are alternatives like https://pixlr.com/editor/
2.) Good Titles - Give catchy titles, but not misleading ones.
3.) Youtube Search Engine optimization - This is the most important one out of all. You have to put in a really good description. Don't just type random words, or else you're risking a BAN from YouTube. In the description, tell what happened in the video, and people don't normally read descriptions, so say what you want to, in the description.
4.) Tags - This is the second most important after the previous one. You need to put relevant tags, and not put irrelevant ones.
5.) everything thats up there... pretty much...

Glad to have you here!

Ah thanks for the tips, the only area I seem to be lacking here would be the thumbnails. Every thing else seems to be in order :D
Thank you for the information I will definitely keep all of it in mind :D[DOUBLEPOST=1446578097][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome To Freedom! :D

I really love your channel genre because its more of an entertainment channel than just gaming , so you actually have the best package :D

However, i think with little bit development you can take your channel so far than you ever imagined because your commentary right there is catchy and makes viewers stay engaged with the video :D , and that is by itself s major thing that not a lot of people have :D, but i think your channel kind of need some quality to complete its basics , i know you have just started uploading , but i think you should first improve your graphics , and specially the Thumbnails because they are like the attention getters , so its really important to have that plus in the future you may wanna upgrade your Banner because it gives a good impression about your channel :D also you have to go with the fact that you have to have a good audio that goes along with that AWESOME commentary which is not a hard task to do actually because you can actually edit your audio using an audio editing software like audacity which is actually easy to use , to edit your audio with!

That's pretty much it because i think that you have a great channel with potential , so maybe you want to expand your work to make it even better, and just never stop the development in all terms :D

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU MAN! :D
Oh my god man, thanks so much.
Really means a lot!!!!
Well as for quality I can record in 1920x 1080 however it takes up to 4gigs for a 10minute video... which takes way too long to upload and ruins the wifi for EVERYONE in my house. So I'm now recording 1080 x 720 and it seems pretty fine. Another issue I'm having is that my headset isn't the best I got it as a freebie, and one of the speakers doesn't work.. JOY!!! The microphone is a very sensitive one too so it's really hard to find the correct alterations for it.
I have my history with Audacity but when my sister comes to my house she will be bringing along sony vegas movie studio platinum 9 which does both video and audio. This will also help improve graphics due to me having to use Windows Movie maker (**** SOFTWARE!!!! Excuse my language! It's only so good with certain aspects..)

Thank you al lfor the feedback though, loving the help and ideas..

Also HFO, what do you mean by upgrading the banner? (This is the best I could come up with in 5 hours work haha, It's short simple and can catch the eye of some. I will need to get a better logo at some point but for now it works pretty well.)[DOUBLEPOST=1446578172][/DOUBLEPOST]Also to state the Logo I have on this site was my old one that is of terrible quality. It has a matching banner but it's a terrible size, the dimensions are crap and it's all warped and out of proportion. (Hence Why I changed)

Last edited:

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
When i mean your banner needs upgrade , i mean maybe some adjustments for the background , and how to use space to add some good things to catch the eye better , especially the font which you really can have better at DaFonts website where you can download a lot of different fonts!

For the logo i think its more okay than the Banner because the banner is in the general picture when somebody visits your channel!

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
When i mean your banner needs upgrade , i mean maybe some adjustments for the background , and how to use space to add some good things to catch the eye better , especially the font which you really can have better at DaFonts website where you can download a lot of different fonts!

For the logo i think its more okay than the Banner because the banner is in the general picture when somebody visits your channel!
Ah right, okay, I getcha! :D
I will try and sort something out, but it's pretty hard to do with no real plan or base idea xD
I'm used to working from pre-designed content because of my last course at college.
Thanks for the tips, and I've subbed yah so you can update yah sig xD[DOUBLEPOST=1447251475][/DOUBLEPOST]Just reached 78 subs. Feeling quite proud of myself for only a couple months on YouTube.
Does anyone know of any good software to do a channel trailer on, like from gameplay switching to gameplay etc? I only have movie maker (soon to be sony vegas when my sis can find it) but I wanna start attempting now xD

Thanks guys.

Last edited: