Tips & Tricks Reviewing videos- You can review mine if you want

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Your commentary is energetic and great. I think a new banner and some work on the thumbnail will make your channel even "awesomer". Just watched some of your gameplays and narrating and they make me laugh couple of time. Great job (y) (Y)

Reactions: pices26

pices26

Rising User
Oct 10, 2014
YouTube
Your commentary is energetic and great. I think a new banner and some work on the thumbnail will make your channel even "awesomer". Just watched some of your gameplays and narrating and they make me laugh couple of time. Great job (y) (Y)

Thank you so much :)
You should totally make some vs series (like Illuminati) with the editing you have. It will require some time to make a 2 min video but It would be awesome. I'm subbing to see what will you come up with(y) (Y)
Good Luck :)

Reactions: monoman

ItsBill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I am actually looking for some reviews also on my channel... I know my consistansy needs work, but anything else?

Looking at your vids id say u need a better sound balance. Your commentary is more important than the gameplay, and focusing hard to try to hear you while watching the videos really takes off the "chill" "Fun" out of it. Also banner, fix. :)

Already got an outro, working on a intro as we speak.

My channel is on my signature as you can see below. =)

pices26

Rising User
Oct 10, 2014
YouTube
I see that you started few series and you did few episodes on them. I don't recommend doing walkthroughs as many bigger channels do it and that's where all people go. Funny things is what people tend to go for. I see that your thumbnails have similar style but they are a bit plain. Personally I'm not sure how to make appealing thumbnails as you can probably tell by checking out my channel. YouTube is based on luck unless you decide to buy views and subs which is terrible thing to do ( which many people do but in small quantities at a time). A lot of people want to do sub for sub which is very tempting if you want to get more subs quickly but don't be fooled. Your GTA V wasn't bad but a bit too long. Funny videos work best when they are below 10 mins (from my experience)
Good Luck(y) (Y)

ProDispatch

Freedom! Member
Aug 19, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I see that you started few series and you did few episodes on them. I don't recommend doing walkthroughs as many bigger channels do it and that's where all people go. Funny things is what people tend to go for. I see that your thumbnails have similar style but they are a bit plain. Personally I'm not sure how to make appealing thumbnails as you can probably tell by checking out my channel. YouTube is based on luck unless you decide to buy views and subs which is terrible thing to do ( which many people do but in small quantities at a time). A lot of people want to do sub for sub which is very tempting if you want to get more subs quickly but don't be fooled. Your GTA V wasn't bad but a bit too long. Funny videos work best when they are below 10 mins (from my experience)
Good Luck(y) (Y)

Thanks for the review! I'll take what you've said to my new channel! Thanks :)

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
Thank you so much :)
You should totally make some vs series (like Illuminati) with the editing you have. It will require some time to make a 2 min video but It would be awesome. I'm subbing to see what will you come up with(y) (Y)
Thanks

pices26

Rising User
Oct 10, 2014
YouTube
I am actually looking for some reviews also on my channel... I know my consistansy needs work, but anything else?

Looking at your vids id say u need a better sound balance. Your commentary is more important than the gameplay, and focusing hard to try to hear you while watching the videos really takes off the "chill" "Fun" out of it. Also banner, fix. :)

Already got an outro, working on a intro as we speak.

My channel is on my signature as you can see below. =)

Walkthrough videos are hard to get views on since there are bigger youtubers that did them already and people will generally not watch the same thing more then once. Your commentary sounds a bit plain but you have only started and it's not too bad. It's hard to explain what I mean by that but if you will compare the commentary from my first and last video then you will see the difference. I guess the best word for it would be style. I see that you also play less known games which is a good thing.
Thanks for your review, I will definitely take that into consideration.
Good Luck (y) (Y)

Reactions: ItsBill

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Would love some feedback on my channel but more specifically towards this video:

As for your channel;
I love you intro, its so enthusiastic, but then you seem to like die down a little bit and loose all that energy and gain it back again. I don't know how you do that xD
One thing I really want to point out is that your music is way too loud for me, I can barely hear your commentating, just turn it down a little and it would be perfect. Not sure about your channel banner, doesn't quite match your avatar, but still looks ok.
Overall, your quite an entertaining person. You definitely have a nice and interesting voice to listen too and I would actually watch your videos on a regular basis c:

ItsBill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Would love some feedback on my channel but more specifically towards this video:

As for your channel;
I love you intro, its so enthusiastic, but then you seem to like die down a little bit and loose all that energy and gain it back again. I don't know how you do that xD
One thing I really want to point out is that your music is way too loud for me, I can barely hear your commentating, just turn it down a little and it would be perfect. Not sure about your channel banner, doesn't quite match your avatar, but still looks ok.
Overall, your quite an entertaining person. You definitely have a nice and interesting voice to listen too and I would actually watch your videos on a regular basis c:

Awesome commentary, very rich on information, fun to listen to and awesome quality in general. I would add some louder background sounds, tho you have music in the background is barely noticeable. The biggest downfall is the still camera. NOTHING is more boring than just watching a still camera. You could have easily done a close up shot on the tech while your voice would be in the background. Keeping our eyeballs interesting with flashes, moving camera and such is a most.

Also CHECK THIS. You HAVE to make different thumbnails. They dont need to be very different, but having the same on each video is a killer, only thing changing is the small number on the top right. Change the background picture here and there, and make the episode number HUGE, the text can be smaller.

Untitled.jpg

Check out my channel if you like, and give me some feedback. I am improving a lot, better editing and such. Will be shown on my next video.

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Awesome commentary, very rich on information, fun to listen to and awesome quality in general. I would add some louder background sounds, tho you have music in the background is barely noticeable. The biggest downfall is the still camera. NOTHING is more boring than just watching a still camera. You could have easily done a close up shot on the tech while your voice would be in the background. Keeping our eyeballs interesting with flashes, moving camera and such is a most.

Also CHECK THIS. You HAVE to make different thumbnails. They dont need to be very different, but having the same on each video is a killer, only thing changing is the small number on the top right. Change the background picture here and there, and make the episode number HUGE, the text can be smaller.

View attachment 13198

Check out my channel if you like, and give me some feedback. I am improving a lot, better editing and such. Will be shown on my next video.
Thanks! Very helpful.

Not sure entirely what you mean by the "still camera" as I have included moving shots of the tech while I voice over during the video. I also tried to zoom in and out while the camera was pointing at me as I have no way of moving it because I'm filming on my own. Are you suggesting more shots of the tech or something else?

pices26

Rising User
Oct 10, 2014
YouTube

As for your channel;

From what I see, you wan to do reviews and gaming. Some tips for your reviews is that you should do the showcase of the item in a brighter environment or maybe outside. Mix it up to keep it different. For gaming you should use music and webcam. Let's not be weird here, you are a girl after all and you should use that by using a face cam. You need to come up with something that could be like a trade mark to your channel so people will see it and think of you. Don't be afraid to express emotions( If you will see my first video you will know). You are only starting after all
and things like this will come. Also don't forget to engage audience with questions, you need to make them feel like they have someone to come back too.
Good Luck and thanks for the review :)

pices26

Rising User
Oct 10, 2014
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CarPlaysMC/videos
(lastest videos 1 week ago)
I like your channel a lot of clean good content :)

Your channel seems to be LEAF someone else, not gonna mention it. If you know who I'm talking about then you can compare the videos to see what you are doing wrong. You seem like you are talking about the things that you don't find interesting but maybe that's just me. You need to edit your voice track and cut it into bits which would make it more interesting maybe. You need to work on your thumbnails( don't ask me how because I still didn't figure it out). As to your minecraft videos I don't really have any idea because this doesn't interest me but you should use some music in the background.

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
From what I see, you wan to do reviews and gaming. Some tips for your reviews is that you should do the showcase of the item in a brighter environment or maybe outside. Mix it up to keep it different. For gaming you should use music and webcam. Let's not be weird here, you are a girl after all and you should use that by using a face cam. You need to come up with something that could be like a trade mark to your channel so people will see it and think of you. Don't be afraid to express emotions( If you will see my first video you will know). You are only starting after all
and things like this will come. Also don't forget to engage audience with questions, you need to make them feel like they have someone to come back too.
Good Luck and thanks for the review :)
Thanks! c:
Good luck to you too :3