Service Request Review My Channel

Harry Mcneill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2016
YouTube
Hi everyone, I have just started YouTube channel and I am doing daily uploads but still trying to make the videos the best they can be but I am finding it hard to gain new subscribers, so I would like to find out what i am doing well and what I could improve on. Also if you like my content a subscription would be greatly appreciated!

AverageGun

Your Average Gamer!
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
YouTube
I got you with this. Watched the New MLG Game mode video and going off of that.

First thing I noticed is your thumbnails (call of duty based) seem a little cluttered. Maybe do something a little less hectic? I can't really speak much because I don't even have photoshop any more so its a pain to do so. Personally, I am not a fan of the text on screen, I feel like I detracts from the video itself. Your friends mic is kinda echoing through the whole thing, not totally sure what is causing that and what not, but maybe look into that?

Same thing I was talking about with the text I am having issues with all the random sound bites and things. I suppose if that is your angle then its fine, but there was an awful lot of it going on even just the first half (watching as I type so its easier for me to note things.)

Second half so far has been pretty much the same. I can appreciate the amount of time you spent in editing because it probably took a decent amount of time to add all the pictures, text and sound but I still will stand by my notion of its a bit much. Most things are fine as long as they are done in moderation. I probably would have just did an outro as soon as the game finished (I did see the text at the end) but there was still a good chunk of time where nothing was really being said.

Good things
Game play footage looks good so that is a big plus. Its not as easy to enjoy a video when the quality isn't up to par with everything.

Mic quality is solid as well but I can't understand you all the time due to mumbling and not quite being able to articulate what it is you are saying.

Watching Man O War class set up because the other videos are rather long.

Intro was better this time around, no real flub ups. You do have a pension for trailing off on longer sentences which makes hearing everything you say difficult again. That may be a re-occurring theme but since I have only watched these two, that is all I have to go off of. (Also, other optics are better to use than red dot site due to the recoil reduction. Look into Varix, Elo, and I think the ACOG like scope. All those control recoil and reduce it stupid amounts)

You went from class set up to game play set up which seems a little confusing since I assume most people have their set up controller wise already. Try to stick to the topic at hand so it doesn't become a convoluted mess (I do the same **** so don't worry too much). So, I would work on those things and maybe things might start picking up. Its a hard thing to break into the area with things like call of duty any more so find something that makes you unique and stand out which again, is the hard part. Good luck and hope this helps some how. I don't ever mind doing reviews for people so good luck!

Reactions: Harry Mcneill

Harry Mcneill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2016
YouTube
I got you with this. Watched the New MLG Game mode video and going off of that.

First thing I noticed is your thumbnails (call of duty based) seem a little cluttered. Maybe do something a little less hectic? I can't really speak much because I don't even have photoshop any more so its a pain to do so. Personally, I am not a fan of the text on screen, I feel like I detracts from the video itself. Your friends mic is kinda echoing through the whole thing, not totally sure what is causing that and what not, but maybe look into that?

Same thing I was talking about with the text I am having issues with all the random sound bites and things. I suppose if that is your angle then its fine, but there was an awful lot of it going on even just the first half (watching as I type so its easier for me to note things.)

Second half so far has been pretty much the same. I can appreciate the amount of time you spent in editing because it probably took a decent amount of time to add all the pictures, text and sound but I still will stand by my notion of its a bit much. Most things are fine as long as they are done in moderation. I probably would have just did an outro as soon as the game finished (I did see the text at the end) but there was still a good chunk of time where nothing was really being said.

Good things
Game play footage looks good so that is a big plus. Its not as easy to enjoy a video when the quality isn't up to par with everything.

Mic quality is solid as well but I can't understand you all the time due to mumbling and not quite being able to articulate what it is you are saying.

Watching Man O War class set up because the other videos are rather long.

Intro was better this time around, no real flub ups. You do have a pension for trailing off on longer sentences which makes hearing everything you say difficult again. That may be a re-occurring theme but since I have only watched these two, that is all I have to go off of. (Also, other optics are better to use than red dot site due to the recoil reduction. Look into Varix, Elo, and I think the ACOG like scope. All those control recoil and reduce it stupid amounts)

You went from class set up to game play set up which seems a little confusing since I assume most people have their set up controller wise already. Try to stick to the topic at hand so it doesn't become a convoluted mess (I do the same **** so don't worry too much). So, I would work on those things and maybe things might start picking up. Its a hard thing to break into the area with things like call of duty any more so find something that makes you unique and stand out which again, is the hard part. Good luck and hope this helps some how. I don't ever mind doing reviews for people so good luck!
thanks man, a video i think you will like is my two touch challenge but other than that thanks alot!!!

AverageGun

Your Average Gamer!
Freedom! Member
Oct 11, 2014
YouTube
No problem. As someone who does CoD and FPS related videos, I know the struggle you face all too well. Unfortunately soccer isn't really my cup of tea but I do hope things pick up for you because everyone deserves to have some form of success in what they do.

Harry Mcneill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2016
YouTube
No problem. As someone who does CoD and FPS related videos, I know the struggle you face all too well. Unfortunately soccer isn't really my cup of tea but I do hope things pick up for you because everyone deserves to have some form of success in what they do.
thanks man!!