Offering Review from a Network Cofounder

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Hey All,

So I have received a few personal messages with requests to do video reviews.. I'll be happy to help out and give reviews if you guys want them. I don't claim to be the punultimate but my qualifications are thusly:

• 8 Years as a youtuber (First a vlogger, then a game channel, now multiple hubs)
  • A channel that had a video go Viral
  • Associates in Criminal Justice with a focus on Copyright
  • I do this for a living
  • Opened our own Network powered by freedom
  • Lover of Anime
  • Bought the Division
  • Long walks on the beach..

Put your channel below if you'd like my opinion on stuffs!

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube

Sure, I'll do what I can to help.. So:

• I would suggest a Channel Trailer. The one playing is fine, but if I'm not interested in Far cry, i might be turned off and if you do anything else I don't know about it.
  • Nice banner overall.
  • I like the playlists for the different games, perhaps consider putting these on the home page (modifying the front page so the created playlists can be seen)
  • Since its let's plays that just show the game.. Perhaps consider a tag line .. 'Hey this is the Boss man's channel, Bossing the games around so you don't have to..' ... like that but not lame like me ;P
  • Thumbnails.. Definitely do thumbnails - when people search for videos, they will see alot of content - your thumbnails need to pop. Look at www.youtube.com/thegamingheretic or https://www.youtube.com/user/10phoenix01/videos for examples.
  • Your tags aren't optimized. When doing tags, make sure to use google search and youtube search. For instance, if you're doing Gears of War.. type 'Gears of War' in the search and see what is autosuggested. Use the ones that are applicable. None of the ones I saw in your list were common search terms.
Hope this helps!

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
Sure, I'll do what I can to help.. So:

• I would suggest a Channel Trailer. The one playing is fine, but if I'm not interested in Far cry, i might be turned off and if you do anything else I don't know about it.
  • Nice banner overall.
  • I like the playlists for the different games, perhaps consider putting these on the home page (modifying the front page so the created playlists can be seen)
  • Since its let's plays that just show the game.. Perhaps consider a tag line .. 'Hey this is the Boss man's channel, Bossing the games around so you don't have to..' ... like that but not lame like me ;P
  • Thumbnails.. Definitely do thumbnails - when people search for videos, they will see alot of content - your thumbnails need to pop. Look at www.youtube.com/thegamingheretic or https://www.youtube.com/user/10phoenix01/videos for examples.
  • Your tags aren't optimized. When doing tags, make sure to use google search and youtube search. For instance, if you're doing Gears of War.. type 'Gears of War' in the search and see what is autosuggested. Use the ones that are applicable. None of the ones I saw in your list were common search terms.
Hope this helps!
Yeah that is amazing thank you.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
www.youtube.com/slenderslaydesigns

Right now my channel is kind of dullish. Just speedarts with the odd montage and tutorial. Would love feedback!

I actually don't have a ton of things that could use improvement, I really like your channel. Of the things I would suggest:
  • Consider more engaging thumbnails (look at 10phoenix01 or our hub channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJ1oUQsEDa0KkKSV45noCQ/videos) - You compete with literally hundreds of episodes, your stuff needs to grab attention - these are fine, but don't.
  • Use Playlists on your front page better.. Maybe speed art for logos, then one with speed art for cartoons, etc.
  • Your channel trailer was fine but not grabbing, I am not into speedart completely but, maybe something that is more enticing? Get faster to the point versus being so slow with the text (Just an idea)
  • Remember to use tags that will work, some of your tags are good but try writing in youtube and google search to see when you do your stuff. So like if you are doing a halo banner search 'halo'.. But when I say that be sure to -
  • Use appropriate tags. I saw some joke tags like 'I haz potato'. Technically, that's considered spamming and could get a strike on your channel (though its unlikely)

I am currently at a convention doing press for our Network, so I am a bit frazzled.. I hope this helps in my state!

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
I actually don't have a ton of things that could use improvement, I really like your channel. Of the things I would suggest:
  • Consider more engaging thumbnails (look at 10phoenix01 or our hub channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJ1oUQsEDa0KkKSV45noCQ/videos) - You compete with literally hundreds of episodes, your stuff needs to grab attention - these are fine, but don't.
  • Use Playlists on your front page better.. Maybe speed art for logos, then one with speed art for cartoons, etc.
  • Your channel trailer was fine but not grabbing, I am not into speedart completely but, maybe something that is more enticing? Get faster to the point versus being so slow with the text (Just an idea)
  • Remember to use tags that will work, some of your tags are good but try writing in youtube and google search to see when you do your stuff. So like if you are doing a halo banner search 'halo'.. But when I say that be sure to -
  • Use appropriate tags. I saw some joke tags like 'I haz potato'. Technically, that's considered spamming and could get a strike on your channel (though its unlikely)

I am currently at a convention doing press for our Network, so I am a bit frazzled.. I hope this helps in my state!

Thank you so much! I know I really should work on my thumbnails and put more effort into them and will start creating more playlists now. I will look more into tags and the tag "I haz a potato" I completely forgot about, I worked with him at one point and I just copy tags over from video to video and remove unnecessary ones and add ones that work, so I guess I forgot about that one. xD Thanks for this though, this pointed out alot of things I need to fix.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Please check out my channel and tell me where I can improve!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDywP0TN3g-NF4goooGsW6g

Ok to reiterate, been doing interviews, getting footage, at panels.. at a convention and I have to go back out in less then 15 minutes.. So take this for the addled mind of a mad man that it is.

• No channel intro, your video that plays doesn't tell me anything about your channel. You need an introduction video bad. You could see our youtube hub intro to show you about the network as an example, Angry Joe Show, 10phoenix01, The Bible Reloaded.. All tell the brand.
  • LOVE THE BANNER.. Great color, you give other social media spot on.
  • Love the branding at the beginning just long enough.
  • Your lack of tags is killing you. You have good content, this is a solid channel. Noone will find it because you're not using tags. Go ahead and do youtube and google search of the games and contents and use it.. Use tubebuddy or some other plugin to give you ideas.

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
Ok to reiterate, been doing interviews, getting footage, at panels.. at a convention and I have to go back out in less then 15 minutes.. So take this for the addled mind of a mad man that it is.

• No channel intro, your video that plays doesn't tell me anything about your channel. You need an introduction video bad. You could see our youtube hub intro to show you about the network as an example, Angry Joe Show, 10phoenix01, The Bible Reloaded.. All tell the brand.
  • LOVE THE BANNER.. Great color, you give other social media spot on.
  • Love the branding at the beginning just long enough.
  • Your lack of tags is killing you. You have good content, this is a solid channel. Noone will find it because you're not using tags. Go ahead and do youtube and google search of the games and contents and use it.. Use tubebuddy or some other plugin to give you ideas.
Sorry I forgot to say thanks. I actually read what you told me and starting looking for how to better tag my video's as well as do the channel trailer.

Splurge

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
SplurgeGames
Would love a channel Review!

my name is Liam and SplurgeGames is my YouTube channel, I have come so far over the 2 years on YouTube however not as far as many others have.

I have posted 250 videos and only have 320 subs what am I doing wrong? Could you guys maybe check it out and give my channel some love or give some feedback on it?