Reporting Shout Outs

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I've been reporting shout outs left and right, and if you'd hear me out, I'd suggest you do the same. First and foremost, they're toxic to the community. It's almost just as bad as sub 4 sub. It don't help your views any, it will only give you dead subs. Secondly, it's advertisement, plain and simple. You're asking people to sub to you to earn a shout out, so unless you give shout out from the kindness of your heart, you're asking for something to help with your channel which is against the rules. What happened to the days where you earned subs because of great content? We're a community here, and a family, so let's help each other grow the right way and weed out those here whom hurt our community.

GRE0022

Apr 15, 2016
YouTube
I don't agree sorry freedom members offer shout outs because they care recently PGO MadDog gave me a shout out and he did it for other people too he was nice and everyone started growing after his help so no sorry I don't agree with you and by the looks of things no one else does either soz

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I've been reporting shout outs left and right, and if you'd hear me out, I'd suggest you do the same. First and foremost, they're toxic to the community. It's almost just as bad as sub 4 sub. It don't help your views any, it will only give you dead subs. Secondly, it's advertisement, plain and simple. You're asking people to sub to you to earn a shout out, so unless you give shout out from the kindness of your heart, you're asking for something to help with your channel which is against the rules. What happened to the days where you earned subs because of great content? We're a community here, and a family, so let's help each other grow the right way and weed out those here whom hurt our community.
I agree that we should report most of them but there are some that we simply can't report because they're helping out. The first type of shoutout you shouldn't report is someone who is just simply asking you to subscribe BUT has a decent amount of active audience watching his/her videos, the other one is people who are shouting people out with nothing in return, everything else I agree they should be removed. I've recently has a shoutout from someone who has a good amount of audience watching their videos and it's great because it got me some active audience.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I agree that we should report most of them but there are some that we simply can't report because they're helping out. The first type of shoutout you shouldn't report is someone who is just simply asking you to subscribe BUT has a decent amount of active audience watching his/her videos, the other one is people who are shouting people out with nothing in return, everything else I agree they should be removed. I've recently has a shoutout from someone who has a good amount of audience watching their videos and it's great because it got me some active audience.
I'm not too much concerned with those types of shout outs, especially being if they do a shout out like that, they don't try to draw everyone's attention to it in here, but rather reporting the ones who exploit it to get attention

D

Deleted member 128215

--

Last edited by a moderator:

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Heres my view on the whole crude and cringy "Shout out system"

Small channels want to grow. How shall they grow? Get judged by a slightly larger channel who has subscribers which revert back to my first sentence. I like to call it the loop of dead subscribers. You gain subscribers for people that want subscribers then when they get their shoutout they'll ever a) unsub b) remain subbed and just neglect the channel as they've gotten what they've wanted or c) genuinely continue watching your content. Now C is a rare option someone will go for not because they're assholes or anything but quite simply.. They got what they wanted. The only circumstance shout outs, I personally believe, are acceptable is something has either done something for you directly like provide footage, make an animation or do some audio work. Something for YOU directly and you specifically. Or someone you have watched for a long time and you feel they deserve that boost and you yet again make a video specifically focusing on THEM and nobody else.
Yeah, I agree. If they're reviewing your channel in depth, your content is similar yo theirs so their viewers will be genuinely interested and active, or even if they allow you to post on their channel (post for post,) it could have a healthy effect on your channel. If we could weed the ones who are only doing it to gain subs here, it could possibly help bring the ones willing to actually help to the surface.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I have seen quite a few of these "shout out" trade off advertised while I have been browsing different forums. It is the new sub for sub just in video form.

Once this starts getting bad seo rankings it will slow down and the spammers will find something new.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I have seen quite a few of these "shout out" trade off advertised while I have been browsing different forums. It is the new sub for sub just in video form.

Once this starts getting bad seo rankings it will slow down and the spammers will find something new.
Yeah, that's definitely true. It's alright, because in the end, they'll all fall short. You can only be as successful as how much work you put into it, there's no easy way out

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
I don't agree sorry freedom members offer shout outs because they care recently PGO MadDog gave me a shout out and he did it for other people too he was nice and everyone started growing after his help so no sorry I don't agree with you and by the looks of things no one else does either soz
It's nice, but I don't see it helping out. I only do it to people that have really help me out through YouTube.