Recording Settings for...

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
Hey I've been scanning the Forums but I haven't found a great solution to my recording problems.
As an Low budgeted YouTuber file size is my problem due to my slow internet connections i can't upload large files.

So my questions is this.
What do you think is the best Preset/Settings of Bandicam for me. I'm asking just about 720p
And also what is best settings for OBS too, I haven't use OBS for a while and my settings are a bit "Not good".

I only use Vegas for my video editing since it's a bit friendlier than AE (for me). Although I have some codec problems with Vegas too.

I hope someone will help me with these settings.

NalaNosivad

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Well, first things first. What's the speed of your connection? Do you have any kind of cap on how MUCH you can upload, or is it just that it's slow?

You can try http://www.speedtest.net/, and from t hat, we can figure out the optimal encoding settings for you to use to get a good balance between quality and time to upload.

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
Well, first things first. What's the speed of your connection? Do you have any kind of cap on how MUCH you can upload, or is it just that it's slow?

You can try http://www.speedtest.net/, and from t hat, we can figure out the optimal encoding settings for you to use to get a good balance between quality and time to upload.

My internet speed is 1mbps. Upload speed is about 300-500 kbps.

I can upload about 1-1.5 gb of video. But I want my quality to be a bit good. You can check my channel about my video quality

jevon small

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 2, 2014
Barbados
YouTube
I can help you with Bandicam to get a smaller size make your audio mpeg-1l2.
VIDEO:XVID(VBR)
Half size 15fps 80quality
this definitely works for me i get 20 minute videos at 69mb so hope this helps you

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
I can help you with Bandicam to get a smaller size make your audio mpeg-1l2.
VIDEO:XVID(VBR)
Half size 15fps 80quality
this definitely works for me i get 20 minute videos at 69mb so hope this helps you

Will it be a little better. If you can check my videos, it's a bit distorted. I use a sony vegas preset on Bandicam. And I render in 720p.
Also I'm using window mode instead of Direct GamePlay capturing.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Hey I've been scanning the Forums but I haven't found a great solution to my recording problems.
As an Low budgeted YouTuber file size is my problem due to my slow internet connections i can't upload large files.

So my questions is this.
What do you think is the best Preset/Settings of Bandicam for me. I'm asking just about 720p
And also what is best settings for OBS too, I haven't use OBS for a while and my settings are a bit "Not good".

I only use Vegas for my video editing since it's a bit friendlier than AE (for me). Although I have some codec problems with Vegas too.

I hope someone will help me with these settings.

You actually have it better than me for your upload speeds as I generally don't even get 200kbps

What I used to do is use a very compressed mp4 file format.. I would get 30 minute videos around 100mb.. now what I do is render super high quality and upload with my phone's 4G as I've got unlimited.

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
You actually have it better than me for your upload speeds as I generally don't even get 200kbps

What I used to do is use a very compressed mp4 file format.. I would get 30 minute videos around 100mb.. now what I do is render super high quality and upload with my phone's 4G as I've got unlimited.

Can you please help me? My videos are really in poor quality.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you want to have good quality content, you should only ever convert to true H.264 .mp4 codecs. You cannot decrease the file size without compromising quality.

Reactions: Bee