Recording Issues. Possibly hardware issue, Please help?

OceansGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 4, 2014
England
YouTube
KingFishOcean
Hello. Recently my computer got a warning message, Intel Rapid Storage Technology said my hard drives status was failed. since then my recordings have started to glitch. I use an Elgato Game Capture HD and a few computer programs like FRAPS, and mirillis action to record my videos. The elgato glitch isn't too bad, but sometimes it will randomly glitch and skip footage, also desyncing the gameplay from the audio. Mirillis has started to speed up my footage or cut parts of it out altogether. I am not sure if this is because of the Intel warning or something else. my system has an issue with heating up quite badly when recording or rendering. i can touch part of it and it will be quite hot. is this a hard drive issue, or could it just be i need to clean my fans? I havent cleaned them yet since obtaining the computer last year. I want to figure out this issue so I can fix it asap

ShadowMajor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Hi there, it does sound like your hard drive is going out, is it making unusual clicking or whining noises?

what parts of your computer are getting hot?

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Hi there, it does sound like your hard drive is going out, is it making unusual clicking or whining noises?
what parts of your computer are getting hot?
Indeed extra clicking/scratching noise is a bad sign for the hard drive. My own computer gives me a hard time while editing my video's when it's to full, so I have an external drive to save all my work so the computer get less overheated. If it's not your drive you can also take a look at you RAM memory and if your computer is using it all up...... editing can do that and that means you have to clean up or add more RAM memory.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Hello. Recently my computer got a warning message, Intel Rapid Storage Technology said my hard drives status was failed. since then my recordings have started to glitch. I use an Elgato Game Capture HD and a few computer programs like FRAPS, and mirillis action to record my videos. The elgato glitch isn't too bad, but sometimes it will randomly glitch and skip footage, also desyncing the gameplay from the audio. Mirillis has started to speed up my footage or cut parts of it out altogether. I am not sure if this is because of the Intel warning or something else. my system has an issue with heating up quite badly when recording or rendering. i can touch part of it and it will be quite hot. is this a hard drive issue, or could it just be i need to clean my fans? I havent cleaned them yet since obtaining the computer last year. I want to figure out this issue so I can fix it asap
From what it sounds like is that your computer is overheating, Your Hard drives aren't getting Enough Ventilation from your fans in your current system, I'd recommend upgrading your Case fans, use as many as you can fill your case with, typically 12 would suffice to get a great deal of air moving.

But in your case, roughly 2 in the front, 2 on top, and 1 in the rear should do the trick, I'd also recommend upgrading your current CPU Heat Sink or Liquid Cooler(AIO) they might need replacing if a year old, sometimes Heat Sinks are durable and last years on, and sometimes if you have a high end liquid cooler it will last more than a few years, but generally you might need to get a high end air cooler and stick with that.

To check out your hardware temperature, I'd recommend using Hardware Monitor it's a free download tool to show you the temperatures in your system(MB, CPU, GPU, HDD, SSD, ect.) Tell me your Temp's and I'll assist you with lowering them.

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom