Reaction channels are garbage

SuperRetroBro

Respected User
Aug 12, 2014
Somewhere
YouTube
For the past 10 years I been watching videos on YouTube and so far I've seen so much really creative channels.Over time I seen a rise on Gaming, Vlogs and Review channels. But I seen a rise on a type of content call "Reaction" videos. I seen this with the Fine Brother and I was like "Huh seem interesting" After a year I keep seeing other channels doing the same thing but in a really lazy way, really lazy. Most of those channel just sit there without speaking and watching the whole video. No effort in editing or making at least one good comment about their reaction. In a way is making money off of somebody hard work, Especially with animation. That sh*t take forever to make. Some channels like chadtronic and H3H3 make reaction videos but mostly transform the concept by putting effort into them and not just watch the entire video. By now how I see the reaction channel are talent-less hacks that steal other people hard work and turning into their own profits. But hey, That's my own opinion on the concept.

What is your thoughts on Reaction channels?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The most important factors about a channel of any kind is production quality and entertainment value.
Reaction channels are ridiculous as they just paste their face next to the video and add a couple words at best. For whatever reason, people watch these uninteresting videos and they get paid big for them. The Fine's do this in a high quality, sustainably entertaining format, which is why they are as big as they are.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
You know whats funny...

I never heard of reaction channels until recently... and at first i was kinda put off by this reaction stuff...

Then i came to a realization... My channel is a reaction channel... i just react to games usually... In fact one of my most popular videos ever is a classic reaction video where my daughter laughing at the channel supersimplesongs...

Omg... dude... weird...

I didnt even realize it... until just now.
rofl

So funny...

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You know whats funny...

I never heard of reaction channels until recently... and at first i was kinda put off by this reaction stuff...
There's a pretty big difference between reacting to a game and adding something to the content that it shows.
But video reaction channels, just look at Jynx or Blastphamous.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I do review videos but title them "My reaction to" because to an extent I'm still giving my reaction to it. Videos where people actually make good comments towards it are pretty good. Like I'm quite a big fan of bronies react. (I know, shoot me) but I can't say how many reaction videos is just some guy just saying the word "Yeah" and laughing every 10 seconds. That's not good content. Not only that, but it amazes me how many comments they get telling them their videos are great. Their not doing anything!

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I feel reaction videos are a form of entertainment, and just like other forms of entertainment, some people like it, some people don't.
My favorite is Tyrone Magnus. ComedyShortGamer does one every now and then too, and those are really entertaining.