R.I.P.

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
So, my channel does not show up in search because "search needs". I have a channel name to closely related to something else so my channel was basically sidelined which is why people can't find it. So ... I dont have to do this but Im thinking of making a new channel with an original name like my old one RuggedZombie. I may not seem like a big thing but when people ask and I tell them my YouTube is UnderGroundTank. They search for it ans will not be able to find it.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
You don't have to make a new channel do you? I think you can just change your name via a Google+ page or something assuming yours is connected to one like mine is.

The problem would be the channel URL after that but that's probably not super important as there are some big channels out there with URL's that don't match their name.

If you are able to and can change your name just make sure you add it to your channel tags so it becomes more easily searchable.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
Personally the best advice I can give you bud is to "Not Start A New Account". The reason why, because in the beginning of your youtube career people don not always find you by searching your name. Only the active Subscribers or viewers may search your name. Your channel gets noticed more by just having good tags and great content. If it is good quality and good content, people will like and share the video. If they share the video and like it, it then becomes more popular in the youtube feed and is advertised more. Once you have more videos and possibly better content(not saying you do not:) ) than the other Youtuber does I'm sure you will be easier to find. Things take time and hard work my friend. As of now, I would just keep at it and success will soon come your way:)

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Personally the best advice I can give you bud is to "Not Start A New Account". The reason why, because in the beginning of your youtube career people don not always find you by searching your name. Only the active Subscribers or viewers may search your name. Your channel gets noticed more by just having good tags and great content. If it is good quality and good content, people will like and share the video. If they share the video and like it, it then becomes more popular in the youtube feed and is advertised more. Once you have more videos and possibly better content(not saying you do not:) ) than the other Youtuber does I'm sure you will be easier to find. Things take time and hard work my friend. As of now, I would just keep at it and success will soon come your way:)
Thats not the problem, You see my channel name is UnderGrondTank and one way people like myself let people know they make videos is via word of mouth. So when I tell someone my channel they search it up and it does not come up unless they click "search instead for". I asked youtube forums why and they said because of search needs. Granted overtime if I become bigger I will be at the top of those threads but that could take years.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
Getting your Youtube URL changed to your actual name would help but that takes time. In the mean time, since it is word of mouth I would suggest business cards to hand our or print multiple links of your channel out on paper and cut a link off when you want to give it to someone. Flyers are always good to put around town also.

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
You don't have to make a new channel do you? I think you can just change your name via a Google+ page or something assuming yours is connected to one like mine is.

The problem would be the channel URL after that but that's probably not super important as there are some big channels out there with URL's that don't match their name.

If you are able to and can change your name just make sure you add it to your channel tags so it becomes more easily searchable.
I was thinking about this but I think I could miss out on potential viewers. I know for me atleast I search for channels via URL and if others do the same there is a slight mix up :/

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Getting your Youtube URL changed to your actual name would help but that takes time. In the mean time, since it is word of mouth I would suggest business cards to hand our or print multiple links of your channel out on paper and cut a link off when you want to give it to someone. Flyers are always good to put around town also.
I do however have a yt url and im talk word of mouth via online communications

usmlonewolf

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 24, 2013
When I first started youtube I could not find me using the search. I am still a small channel but now I can youtube search and even google search and there I am. I guess the reason being is due to I have made this name my online name for everything, so you could say usmlonewolf is everywhere lol. What I think you could do is make the undergroundtank like your 2nd name.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I was thinking about this but I think I could miss out on potential viewers. I know for me atleast I search for channels via URL and if others do the same there is a slight mix up :/

I still think the losses are minimal if they even exist in the first place and if you start over entirely you end up having one of those generic messy URL's instead which you won't be able to fix until you get access to Custom URL's. (And of course the other consequence of abandoning your already established audience)

Heck in my case I don't think KratosAurion9002 is really that searchable but like I said with the use of good channel tags it's pretty easy to find my channel by either typing in Kratos Aurion or my actual channel name Kratos Aurion Plays.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So, my channel does not show up in search because "search needs". I have a channel name to closely related to something else so my channel was basically sidelined which is why people can't find it. So ... I dont have to do this but Im thinking of making a new channel with an original name like my old one RuggedZombie. I may not seem like a big thing but when people ask and I tell them my YouTube is UnderGroundTank. They search for it ans will not be able to find it.
Have you adjusted your SEO settings with proper tags for it to be found? Besides that you could also go for a name change on your current channel as long as you don't have a custom url yet.

Torbert

Rising User
Aug 5, 2014
YouTube
You don't show up because you are not so popular. Let time do it's thing and maybe one day, you will show up. :)

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Have you adjusted your SEO settings with proper tags for it to be found? Besides that you could also go for a name change on your current channel as long as you don't have a custom url yet.
Already used the old url and the newer ones they put out. :/ Its cool, 200 of those subscribers died anyways because before I started on that channel before there was like 6-7 months between videos. I wanted a fresh start anyways and if I would of done it then I would not of lost the 20 ish subscribers I just got in the lest week or so.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Already used the old url and the newer ones they put out. :/ Its cool, 200 of those subscribers died anyways because before I started on that channel before there was like 6-7 months between videos. I wanted a fresh start anyways and if I would of done it then I would not of lost the 20 ish subscribers I just got in the lest week or so.
Ah i understand. Well good luck on your comeback mate and make the best of it ;)