Quitting

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I has now been 4 months since I started.. almost 2 months since I started streaming.. I am at my wits end and I am giving up... My subs have stayed at the same.. My follows have stayed at the same.. I think I have reach my limit of people who actually wanna support me. Thank you freedom for helping me try to live out my dream but without the support from the people who said theyd support me I cannot even begin to try and make a career out of streaming and youtube videos.. So u may see me around on the threads to talk to people.. Maybe even post a video every once in awhile.. But I am giving up on this dream. It's a dead end dream. Thanks freedom and freedom family!
Wow hold on there mate! I was on the same boat and i know the feeling. Youtube can be tough but don't let it get you down. If you enjoy streaming then live on with the dream. If you enjoy making video's then growth will come over time. I was stuck on 128 for 2 months and suddenly i gained subs and am now on 155. Keep doing your thing as long as you enjoy it ;)

Reactions: HighVoltageGamer

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
One of the things I try to keep in mind is that I'm (at the moment) not doing this to make money. I'm doing it cuz I love these games. I like playing them. Recording them and editing the videos. People watching them and liking them is secondary at this point. You see so many things on youtube. normal people doing normal every day stuff and then for some reason, or even no reason sometimes they just blow up. Sometimes it takes a bit. Doing the grind and then the right person will take notice. Then boom. ( example Dear Fat People ) this girl was basically a nobody and now Boom. See what I'm saying?

lokifan50

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2014
Bullhead city,arizona
YouTube
lokifan50
Always keep at it ^.^ I was stuck in a certian amount of subs myself and I finally made it to 212 subs :) as long as you enjoy what your doing that's all that matters ^.^ the right people will come along to see your videos and eventually will say 'hey I like this persons content I'll subscribe' :) just believe in yourself and lot of other people will too :)

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
I just watched through the latest video on your channel, and I can at least offer up a few things I saw you could improve on that might help. First, I'd check your monetization settings and make sure you don't have "unskippable ads" on or something like that. A thirty second ad for a crappy movie that you can't skip will make a lot of people turn away pretty fast if they don't have adblock. I'm ASSUMING the box is checked because I refreshed about fifteen times and the same ad popped up every time. But if not it's just YouTube being YouTube.

Next, you might want to clip out the dead air in the video. Like there was one point where the camera stared at something (a sleeping bag? not familiar with Dying Light so I don't know) for nearly a full minute, just silence. Then there was a lot of trying to get on the same page with the person you were playing with. From what I could tell it was taken from a livestream, so stuff like that is understandable. I livestream for Minecraft so I know how that goes. Unfortunately people on YouTube are really picky and you have to deal with short attention spans. People will click off on something the second they get bored rather than stay and see the rest. Even if the rest is amazing.

If you're going to put livestream stuff up on your channel, I've learned it's better to clip it down to the best moments. Clip out the best, the most action-oriented, and the funniest, and put them together in a montage. If you cut out the dead air, stuff that doesn't move the video forward, you'll get more people. I've seen an improvement on my own channel by doing just that. My husband and I started working on our channel seriously a couple of months ago and we only just got to 29 subs this morning. It's definitely a slow burn, you just have to keep going. But if it's not making you happy, if you really want to quit, you shouldn't feel pressured into continuing. You can always come back to it sometime down the line if you really wanted to :)

HighVoltageGamer

Freedom! Member
Sep 12, 2015
Great Falls, MT
YouTube
I just watched through the latest video on your channel, and I can at least offer up a few things I saw you could improve on that might help. First, I'd check your monetization settings and make sure you don't have "unskippable ads" on or something like that. A thirty second ad for a crappy movie that you can't skip will make a lot of people turn away pretty fast if they don't have adblock. I'm ASSUMING the box is checked because I refreshed about fifteen times and the same ad popped up every time. But if not it's just YouTube being YouTube.

Next, you might want to clip out the dead air in the video. Like there was one point where the camera stared at something (a sleeping bag? not familiar with Dying Light so I don't know) for nearly a full minute, just silence. Then there was a lot of trying to get on the same page with the person you were playing with. From what I could tell it was taken from a livestream, so stuff like that is understandable. I livestream for Minecraft so I know how that goes. Unfortunately people on YouTube are really picky and you have to deal with short attention spans. People will click off on something the second they get bored rather than stay and see the rest. Even if the rest is amazing.

If you're going to put livestream stuff up on your channel, I've learned it's better to clip it down to the best moments. Clip out the best, the most action-oriented, and the funniest, and put them together in a montage. If you cut out the dead air, stuff that doesn't move the video forward, you'll get more people. I've seen an improvement on my own channel by doing just that. My husband and I started working on our channel seriously a couple of months ago and we only just got to 29 subs this morning. It's definitely a slow burn, you just have to keep going. But if it's not making you happy, if you really want to quit, you shouldn't feel pressured into continuing. You can always come back to it sometime down the line if you really wanted to :)
The latest video u watched was a past broadcast haha. Not a recorded video.. That is my way of being able to archive my broadcast since twitch deletes them after 15 days. The videos I have recorded are like fallout, pokemon, minecraft.. The reason its public atm because I have had a lot of people on twitch ask for them so I opened them to public instead of unlisted.. the unskippable ads.. that was actually advised to be check by george himself. so yeah.

Same with us. But you should never give up. Just keep reaching for your goal and one day you might just achieve it. This is common among small YouTube channels. You climb in subscribers and then you stop. There are many YouTube videos out there that explain this but I have picked one out for you I believe you should watch.

BELIEVE
One day you will achieve
It may seem far away
But keep trying

But most importantly
HAVE FUN

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Think of some of these ridiculously large business', and gauge how long it took, how much they sacrificed, lost, gained, and everything in between to make it to where they were. I'd say that 4 months is hardly a time frame to base this hasty retreat off of. This if some of the inventors gave up on their dreams after such a short time doing something and not getting where they "thought" they would be. We would probably still be walking everywhere, and coming home to no electricity because the inventors gave up!

Think about what you're doing. Think about what you've done to improve, think about what you haven't! Stagnant applications only last so long, changing it up and applying different methods are needed to stay fresh and motivated. Though motivation is the strongest aspect here, if you lack it. There isn't really a reason to force yourself to do something you despise.

Over all think about it. Make sure it's something you're truly done with so you don't look back at what could have been.