Solved Quick question for Freedom Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenavaoxplays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
YouTube
Hello I just got partnered with freedom on my secondary channel. My secondary channel is new frozenavaoxplays. My main channel is simply called frozenavaox. I've posted a few AMVS on my main channel witch of course contain copyright material so of course I didn't monetize them, but I have since moved onto making how to videos on the channel that are original content. Could I partner my main channel with freedom even tho I have those AMVs on it? A lot of people love the AMVs I've made and I have over 10k subs on that channel because of it and would hate to take them down. The channel has zero copyright strikes so would it be possible to partner and just make sure those few videos are NOT monitized?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Its very hard to comment on as it could go either way depending on how they look at it. Typically Freedom won't allow anyone with copyright strikes to join (which you don't have so thats not a problem) and if they upload potential copyrighted videos, such as AMV's. However as you are not monetising them typically YouTube turns a bit of a blind eye to it and as such you might be able to get away with it.

Personally I would say apply to join Freedom with your main account, and see what happens, as I can't say (unfortunately) 100% one way or the other. Either way you will heard back from Freedom in a few days, regarding potentially being accepted or if you application to join has been declined.

Reactions: frozenavaoxplays
Upvote 0

frozenavaoxplays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
YouTube
Its very hard to comment on as it could go either way depending on how they look at it. Typically Freedom won't allow anyone with copyright strikes to join (which you don't have so thats not a problem) and if they upload potential copyrighted videos, such as AMV's. However as you are not monetising them typically YouTube turns a bit of a blind eye to it and as such you might be able to get away with it.

Personally I would say apply to join Freedom with your main account, and see what happens, as I can't say (unfortunately) 100% one way or the other. Either way you will heard back from Freedom in a few days, regarding potentially being accepted or if you application to join has been declined.
Thank you for the response I'll give it a shot I just thought it would be better to ask first. I don't want to get myself or freedom in trouble with youtube

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thank you for the response I'll give it a shot I just thought it would be better to ask first. I don't want to get myself or freedom in trouble with youtube
No worries you would never get in trouble for trying to partner, I'm just a bit sorry that I couldn't be more certain in the response, as it all depends on different things, and how the person reviewing your channel sees it. Fingers crossed though

Reactions: frozenavaoxplays
Upvote 0

frozenavaoxplays

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
YouTube
No worries you would never get in trouble for trying to partner, I'm just a bit sorry that I couldn't be more certain in the response, as it all depends on different things, and how the person reviewing your channel sees it. Fingers crossed though
No need to be sorry it's a very odd situation lol you more then helped me thank you :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.