YouTube Question

chriswyatt25

Rising User
Mar 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
YouTube
cwyattfilm
Not sure if there are any Youtube statisticians out on these forums, but I was just curious about something. Are people, statistically people, more likely to subscribe to a Youtube Channel with more subscribers? I know all about the importance of content (quality and quantity), schedules, the disadvantages of Sub4Sub, but just curious if the number of existing subscribers plays a role as well.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would say its more down to personal preference rather that statistics, as these never manage to show cause and effect. I'm a firm believer in that if people really like your content and want to show support they will watch your content or subscribe, its not really down to the amount of subs you already have.

erickismeme

Rising User
Feb 7, 2017
YouTube
erickismeme
well maybe not like that, but the bigger channels get more subs because they have more people spreading their name out there by linking it to their friends or whatever

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Channels are more likely to be subscribed to based on content, but larger channels are more likely to be seen as viewership and community engagement are factors in SEO placement. A larger subscriber base is also going to share more to their independent following which further creates the snowballing effect that makes YouTubers become as huge as they can.