Solved Question | Content allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

Freedom! Member
Before I go ahead with my next entertainment for the people around the world I want to double check if it's allowed. My question!

I'm going to (might be) be doing videos about daily police related news, pursuits, shootouts, and more. Also videos on crashes around the world episodes and Vlogs on them.

Is that allowed? Will it get monetization?

Empire

Freedom! Member
This is quite the difficult question, i know there are quite some channels handling news events wich are monetized.
I think that it matters in what terms you use wich content. But then again i can't say for sure :(
Okay, just seeing it will, It be my own intro, outro, effects. What's not going to be mine is the footage that was recording around the world by bodycam

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Okay, just seeing it will, It be my own intro, outro, effects. What's not going to be mine is the footage that was recording around the world by bodycam
If no one with knowledge regarding News video's responds then you can visit the Discussion section as i know there are a few in the network that do the same wich may be able to answer this :)

Edit: Maybe that this can help? https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2490020?hl=en

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Empire

Freedom! Member
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If the footage is public domain then it is allowed, if you are just re uploading others footage that would be considered copyright. Having your own intro or trailer wouldn't change that.

You could possibly use the content if you are creating new content by reviewing the footage while it is being played (have you on screen talking showing a clip of what happened. Even then you have to be careful of who owns the original content.

Upvote 0

Empire

Freedom! Member
If the footage is public domain then it is allowed, if you are just re uploading others footage that would be considered copyright. Having your own intro or trailer wouldn't change that.

You could possibly use the content if you are creating new content by reviewing the footage while it is being played (have you on screen talking showing a clip of what happened. Even then you have to be careful of who owns the original content.
Thanks, Copyright is my mine problem and at least I have the answer. Also like all things, Is it allowed if I had the permissions to use it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.