Solved Question About linked channels and monopolization

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerjEpic

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2015
YouTube
I have been away from Youtube for about a year and barely uploaded anything in that time frame. I started college and I focused more on my new passion, stock trading. Anyway, I was wondering if all the channels under the "new" Youtube requirements for monetization automatically unlinked from Freedom if they didn't meet the requirements.

I want to know because I might reboot my channel and start a how to trade and invest in the stock market channel.

Thank you for your help.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Sadly YouTube has automatically removed channels under 1 000 Subscribers and 4 000 hours of watch time in 12 months from the YouTube Partner Program, effectively unlinking them from any MCNs they were in. In addition to this they have also drastically changed the role of MCNs on YouTube so Freedom! has unlinked even more channels for not following YouTube guidelines as well.

Channels that were unlinked for not reaching 4k hours and 1k Subscribers were set as "Under Review" on the Freedom! Dashboard to be reviewed once the requirements are met. While in this state you have access to some of Freedom!'s tools like some music providers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SerjEpic

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2015
YouTube
Sadly YouTube has automatically unlinked channels under 1 000 Subscribers and 4 000 hours of watch time in 12 months from the YouTube Partner Program, effectively removing them from any MCNs they were in. In addition to this they have also drastically changed the role of MCNs on YouTube so Freedom! has unlinked even more channels for not following YouTube guidelines as well.

Channels that were unlinked for not reaching 4k hours and 1k Subscribers were set as "Under Review" on the Freedom! Dashboard to be reviewed once the requirements are met. While in this state you have access to some of Freedom!'s tools like some music providers.
Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.