YouTube Query about rendering quality

Hubristic

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 5, 2014
England
YouTube
Hi everyone,

So I have a quick (possibly silly) question about the rendering of videos for YouTube. I currently have a new, rather good PC and record at 1080p to an SSD and it all looks good when I finish recording and watch it back. But when I come to edit and then render the video it almost always comes back looking rather... pixelated and like there is a little bit of 'screen tearing' (best description I can use).

I currently use Sony Movie Studio Platinum and it renders at a bitrate of 16 or 25, but using either still leaves me feeling the quality isn't quite what I expect!

I'll upload a video this evening with some recent footage to help display my point but the point of this topic, essentially, is just to ask:

What software and settings do you guys tend to use? And how do you go about making sure your video is the best, sharpest quality for YouTube?

I know there are plenty of 'guides' about this and I don't intend to hijack any of those, but I just wanted a discussion about ideas that people have and what works for different people!