PSA: YouTube NOT putting videos into the right category.

TheWhiteRose000

Rising User
Freedom! Member
So here I am on SocialBlade and my team member is telling me that we are a travel channel. I find this stupid and realize how wrong it is and ignore him well time goes by it doesn't change and he keeps bringing it up because he is really annoying.

So I decide to look at my videos after checking to find out where they qualify under. My original videos for some reason are all "personal & blogs" which I found weird because were a gaming channel.

I look at my new Quantum Break videos and wonder why they aren't getting hits, they are actually listed as "Travel" videos I go through and check they are ALL listed as Travel videos.

I pull up my upload defaults it says "Gaming" so there is a MAJOR issue with YouTube in its videos, after saving it and saving it again as "Gaming" all our videos are now gaming but for those out there I hope this helps.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/heroesofgamershaven

We are still listed as Travel channel for the time being, hopefully this will change soon. If this actually helps you up-vote this and maybe, I dunno? (Since this is a copy paste from my reddit post just saying I am a gaming channel again now.)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So here I am on SocialBlade and my team member is telling me that we are a travel channel. I find this stupid and realize how wrong it is and ignore him well time goes by it doesn't change and he keeps bringing it up because he is really annoying.

So I decide to look at my videos after checking to find out where they qualify under. My original videos for some reason are all "personal & blogs" which I found weird because were a gaming channel.

I look at my new Quantum Break videos and wonder why they aren't getting hits, they are actually listed as "Travel" videos I go through and check they are ALL listed as Travel videos.

I pull up my upload defaults it says "Gaming" so there is a MAJOR issue with YouTube in its videos, after saving it and saving it again as "Gaming" all our videos are now gaming but for those out there I hope this helps.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/heroesofgamershaven

We are still listed as Travel channel for the time being, hopefully this will change soon. If this actually helps you up-vote this and maybe, I dunno? (Since this is a copy paste from my reddit post just saying I am a gaming channel again now.)
That's very strange, I haven't come across that issue before, but I can see how annoying it can be. It's nice that you were able to correct the issue somewhat for now, and it can be fixed for the future ^^

TheWhiteRose000

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Do you have an upload template, that makes all your videos into a certain category? I believe it should not be a problem if so.

Unless you do, then it's a weird bug
Half my videos were set to blog the other half travel. My upload default said gaming I fixed it "for the most part."
By selecting travel, and then saving it then I selected gaming and saved it again as its default.

incapablegamer

Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2016
maine usa
YouTube
I haven't had this happen...yet but I did see that the categories were kinda Derping out I made a halo video and it wouldn't put a category on it at all

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
People downvote on reddit often, I tend to stay away from there. I typically tell people to avoid advertising there at times, but it really depends on what subreddit you post on.
If not reddit where would you go to advertise your channel? I don't use reddit myself I'm pretty terrible at networking/social media

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
If not reddit where would you go to advertise your channel? I don't use reddit myself I'm pretty terrible at networking/social media
Advertising is hard, because when you're just starting out, people rarely want to look at videos. What type of content are you looking to upload in the future?