PS4 Share Factory: Is it good enough to start making videos on?

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
Hello everyone! I wanted to know what people's opinion is on share factory. I have a PS4 and I do not have an el gato or the money for one at the moment, so is share factory good enough to edit well enough? I have Hit Film 3 on my laptop too, if you want to put some input on that software as well go ahead! Have a great day guys!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hello everyone! I wanted to know what people's opinion is on share factory. I have a PS4 and I do not have an el gato or the money for one at the moment, so is share factory good enough to edit well enough? I have Hit Film 3 on my laptop too, if you want to put some input on that software as well go ahead! Have a great day guys!
It's hard to judge, because somebody can make something work out if they try hard enough, get enough of a backing, or they get lucky in general. I'd consider the amount of resources it'd take to make the videos. You can make a judgment call if they're worth it or not ^^

Reactions: Kratzaman

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
I would just get a capture card instead of using the Shareplay feature. The quality of the video is usually limited to your internet connection if you are streaming. Also shareplay is not the best when it comes to adding commentary. Granted the editing tool is pretty cool, but everything shareplay can do a capture can do much easier. Plus you will have more options editing your videos on a PC. Most good capture cards are no more than $100 - $150.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Have you given it a think to start live streaming, download the vid to your laptop. Edit it and upload it then?

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
We all start somewhere, so as long as you have fun with it, I'd say go for it! I would make sure to upgrade to an Elgato as soon as I could, though. It's important to improve in quality for the growing process
That's what I think, I should wait and just start making simple videos and see what happens in the future thanks!

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
I would just get a capture card instead of using the Shareplay feature. The quality of the video is usually limited to your internet connection if you are streaming. Also shareplay is not the best when it comes to adding commentary. Granted the editing tool is pretty cool, but everything shareplay can do a capture can do much easier. Plus you will have more options editing your videos on a PC. Most good capture cards are no more than $100 - $150.
Yeah the share factory is very annoying to do commentary edit And add music but it is something good to start with, once I get the money I will definitely invest in an el gato, thanks for the advice :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
That is what

I'm going to start to do that now since I have the program on my laptop
I don't have an Elgato either so i always Live Stream wich hits 2 birds with one stone because first you take views while streaming am afterwards when it goes live when your done and it is uploaded and ready ;)

Valaxies

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2016
YouTube
In my honest opinion, there are ways that Share Factory can work extremely well. I'd say Share Factory can edit really well to a certain extent, but passed that, you're going to need some other editing software. For my montage video, I edited everything together with Share Factory, and then used Sony Vegas after that. The editing I did with Share Factory made my life a lot easier. I also know a few friends who solely use Share Factory, and their videos are still nice and entertaining. So I guess it boils down to what Goped Fred said, if you enjoy making videos there, then do it!

- Something not related to this post, I really love you're profile pic Kratzaman, I am a Kane fan as well!

OverlordOfGaming

Rising User
Jul 26, 2014
YouTube
It works extremely well when it's all you have.

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
In my honest opinion, there are ways that Share Factory can work extremely well. I'd say Share Factory can edit really well to a certain extent, but passed that, you're going to need some other editing software. For my montage video, I edited everything together with Share Factory, and then used Sony Vegas after that. The editing I did with Share Factory made my life a lot easier. I also know a few friends who solely use Share Factory, and their videos are still nice and entertaining. So I guess it boils down to what Goped Fred said, if you enjoy making videos there, then do it!

- Something not related to this post, I really love you're profile pic Kratzaman, I am a Kane fan as well!
I'd say that I'm going to try my best to make the best videos on share factory and just enjoy myself, not stress about what equipment I have and all that. I'll just edit on share factory and tweak anything on my other software. And yes! it is awesome to see another person that likes Kane on freedom! Thank you!