Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Ive only bought old xboxs to hack them into arcade machines...

As for playstation, I havent bought one since the ps2. I was pissed about how the games get scratched easily and the original playstation had overheating issues and had to be sent for repairs 3 times.

I still buy all the nintendo consoles, mostly cause I like playing mario and stuff with my kids.

Otherwise Ive been playing PC games since the 90s

gunsage

Freedom! Member
PS4, though I don't have one yet (I have it on layaway for the, uh...kids...yeah, that's the ticket). Look, I liked the original Xbox. During that generation, I had the GC, PS2, and Xbox, and I loved all 3 for different reasons. The 360 was the first console I had of the last generation. Three different 360s died on me at different intervals and all 3 were worked on until they couldn't be worked on anymore. I have never experienced such a high failure rate in any console I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT).

That's not to say there weren't good games on the 360 that I wouldn't mind playing again (and never got a chance to play in the first place), but I wouldn't want to see the same problem with the Xbox One (though I haven't heard of any specific RROD failures on that console yet). So that's one reason, sure. The other reason is JRPGs. Even though Xbox has been getting better about acquiring JRPG content (and Japan has opened up a little more on making said content for an American-based console), the fact of the matter is there just aren't as many JRPGs (especially exclusive JRPGs) for the Xbox systems as a whole.

As is, I'm already eager to play Bloodborne and Disgaea 5, but I'm also highly anticipating Persona 5. I don't really see any exclusive titles on the XBO that I really want (though I may consider it if Lost Odyssey is a title I can play with the backwards compatibility). For me, it's not really about the graphics or raw hardware power anymore (especially since my PC is a BEAST), rather it's about what is actually exclusive and will be more fun to play on the console over a PC.

xXWillGonjaXx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I'm a true PlayStation user, not a day in my life have I ever used an Xbox. To be honest I don't know why I haven't, but I guess it doesn't look exciting to me. Do you have an Xbox and what are good features that come with it? If your a PS4 user have you ever used a Xbox? If yes, what are your insights about it?

This is a tough question to answer..... Not what console but why. First off i am a Sony Fanboy 100% The reason is too long but it boils down to one thing. Sony did it "FIRST" Microsoft waited a year later and played the "COPY-CAT CARD" Basically what i'm trying to say is the simple fact that PS2 came before Xbox.... and pretty much everything Xbox did was a Copy of what Sony could have done had they waited another year to release the PS2. Anyways i will always hate Xbox for copying Sony.... Its that simple...

KaragGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
If we are talking about generations and leading up to today well i started out as a pc gamer and ps1 player back when i was 3 years old, i went onto getting the ps2 then ps3 but moved over to xbox late 2010 and went on to buy a xbox one but also got ps4 and got a gaming pc so ;) xbox is mainly for playing with friends as all my friends have 1 but my ps4 is for exclusives and cus its just a nice console

Reactions: xXWillGonjaXx

OP_PiratePlayz

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 1, 2016
YouTube
Xander5723
I'm a true PlayStation user, not a day in my life have I ever used an Xbox. To be honest I don't know why I haven't, but I guess it doesn't look exciting to me. Do you have an Xbox and what are good features that come with it? If your a PS4 user have you ever used a Xbox? If yes, what are your insights about it?
Idk But I Have Been A Playstation Player For Awhile And Why Its Because Its Just An OP Console Graphics And Everything In My Opinion Are The Best!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I have always played on both that is untill the PS4 and Xbox one. I chose to keep it with one system this time around and chose for the PS4 due to Final Fantasy XIV and some other exclusives.
For me Xbox had some good exclusives like Halo and Gears of War wich was my main reason for having one but after years have passed interest got lost. I am one that likes adventure types of games wich is more with Sony then with Microsoft, games like Disgaia wich is PS only are some of those Japanse games wich i can play for months :D