Promoting Your Channel

SLYMusic

Advertising externally is very ineffective in most cases. Since you're just poking your finger at the fat blob that is a community of other YouTubers.
To get noticed, you must go where your target market is, and that is most certainly not on these forums, social media sites, etc.. All you find there is other YouTubers, if you have something to offer the YouTube minded person, you'll get some hits as I did when I made a YouTuber-oriented video.

I see you do gaming, that means you should be going to places where gamers are but YouTubers aren't. Which is difficult to do correctly.
Comment sections? No.
Reddit? Most places for gamers have rules against posting videos.
Google+? People use that?
Twitter? Sure, hashtags are alright, but don't try to drag people in by tagging their name.
Facebook? Maybe. But not in the comments section.

It is difficult to advertise appropriately, the only real way to do it is with adsense, but that costs money, so these free, ineffective substitutes for an otherwise working system will have to do.

Google+ have actually helped me out by posting on the YouTube communities out there that allows me to share my videos

Noritzu Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2016
Michigan
YouTube
Noritzu_Gaming
G+ is actually a good source for promotion I think. Yes many people on there are going to try and get you to sub for sub, and in general just try to use you for their own ends. I personally use it because once in a while i will find someone who generally enjoys my content and subs/watches and I try to keep an eye out for people who are doing something i enjoy so i can genuinely support them.

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Keep making content! Ask people to share it (if they enjoyed it). Start a Facebook page or Twitter. Wear a shirt with your logo on it! Meet other gamers and take part in forums and discussions like this.

But don't do what so many others do and link your stuff into people's discussions or comments on Youtube. It's obnoxious and you'll gain the wrong sort of attention.

If you enjoy what you do and you try your best to make good quality, entertaining content, then people will recognize that. Slowly, slowly, I'm afraid!