Solved Problem with copyright take downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOTW Official

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
So I'm just wondering if theres anything I can do against someone who has a copyright on something that they dont own, its something for a game that directly uses the game owners property which the game company owns the rights to and the terms for the game are that anything the community makes for the game can be freely distributed by anyone and must be free.

In the video I only talked about the thing in question and with youtubes forms you fill out they can ignore for a full 30 days. 30 days is a lot when its the most viewed video on my channel 26k views vs my average 1k. I really dont want to wait 30 days to get a response when im not in the wrong and that said person is just trying to censer my channel because they dont like what I said but the stupid part is they dont even have the right to request the take down, they dont own it.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
You could always file a counter notification outlining that they don't own the right to the copyright, as you outlined if it is free to you and can be distributed freely. Though if you do go down that route it might be best to have something you can show I.e any screenshots of where you say it to or a notification / message from the original content creator saying you are free to use the content. Either that or you could ask for a retraction for the person claiming it as copyright.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.