Posting rituals

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Hi everyone, so I was curious if you post your video's at random or always on the same day? I know consistency is key but I just try to get a video out every week on whatever day at least once, because my schedule is really unpredictable at the moment.

I've read allot of tips regarding to post on certain day's that will profit your video's and one of them even claimed that 'Wednesday' was the worst day to post LOL, the only thing I really notice is that on Sundays social media interaction plunges!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I release and record every Monday - Saturday .. although I do sometimes record on Sunday depending if I am behind or not, which I usually am with my two Minecraft series. XD

I also release my videos at 2pm and 5pm est. Have yet once to be late on releasing anything and hopefully I can keep it that way for awhile. Oh also, my recordings are usually 2 days ahead of release, to give me some time just in case something comes up.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

SuperRetroBro

Respected User
Aug 12, 2014
Somewhere
YouTube
I upload when I'm done with a video. Is better to NOT upload a lot if you have 50-100 subs. Take the time to share your video to other websites such as Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit/ and sometimes other forums Websites. If your channel is base on Makeup videos. I would strongly recommend posting small videos/Pictures on Instagram

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I release and record every Monday - Saturday .. although I do sometimes record on Sunday depending if I am behind or not, which I usually am with my two Minecraft series. XD

I also release my videos at 2pm and 5pm est. Have yet once to be late on releasing anything and hopefully I can keep it that way for awhile. Oh also, my recordings are usually 2 days ahead of release, to give me some time just in case something comes up.
Wow thats what I call structure! Nice job! I edit, film my vids and cram it in an all nighter when I have the time lol.

I upload when I'm done with a video. Is better to NOT upload a lot if you have 50-100 subs. Take the time to share your video to other websites such as Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit/ and sometimes other forums Websites. If your channel is base on Makeup videos. I would strongly recommend posting small videos/Pictures on Instagram
Tnx for the advice, I'm actually very active on Instagram and Twitter, my method is to post interesting sneak peaks and them draw them in with a minor itty bitty video so they go and watch the full version on my channel. At the moment my max is 2 video's a week: a vlog kind of video together with a makeup tutorial or review. I try to keep a balance between those.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Wow thats what I call structure! Nice job! I edit, film my vids and cram it in an all nighter when I have the time lol.

Thanks. I actually didn't start out that way. On my previous channel I just recorded whenever, and released whenever. The issue I had with doing it that way is I ended up procrastinating too much. The schedule was wonky too. I could have three skyrim episodes in a week , and only one the next.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
When you're first starting out, don't upload too frequently e.g. everyday or every other day because you don't really have an audience to watch the videos so in some cases a lot of those videos will go without views for a long time until you get a bit more known. It also saves time! Try advertising your channel in a non-spam way on various sites and potentially colab with other sucessful youtubers!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
When you're first starting out, don't upload too frequently e.g. everyday or every other day because you don't really have an audience to watch the videos so in some cases a lot of those videos will go without views for a long time until you get a bit more known. It also saves time! Try advertising your channel in a non-spam way on various sites and potentially colab with other sucessful youtubers!

I disagree entirely. If you want people to give you a chance you need to show you are capable of being everything they want in a youtuber. If you are a game channel doing let's plays .. there is no reason at all why you shouldn't upload at least 1 video per day. Especially if each video is 15 - 30 minutes long.

Also, there is no negatives to uploading once or even twice per day.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
I disagree entirely. If you want people to give you a chance you need to show you are capable of being everything they want in a youtuber. If you are a game channel doing let's plays .. there is no reason at all why you shouldn't upload at least 1 video per day. Especially if each video is 15 - 30 minutes long.

Also, there is no negatives to uploading once or even twice per day.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Look at how many videos you've done then compare it to your views and subs. Eventually when you've done hundreds of videos, not everyone will go back to watch the entire series, some will though.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Look at how many videos you've done then compare it to your views and subs. Eventually when you've done hundreds of videos, not everyone will go back to watch the entire series, some will though.

Yes, of course, but that doesn't mean those series do no good or hurt you in anyway. It's just another way for someone to find you. Who cares if not everyone will go back to watch them. That really isn't the point.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
Yes, of course, but that doesn't mean those series do no good or hurt you in anyway. It's just another way for someone to find you. Who cares if not everyone will go back to watch them. That really isn't the point.

I'm just saying, you can save time and effort but still grow and upload consistently. Daily is a bit excessive when you're a very small channel

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I'm just saying, you can save time and effort but still grow and upload consistently. Daily is a bit excessive when you're a very small channel

Again, I disagree and I don't understand why you would think that. There is no indication anywhere that it's excessive to upload daily. Nor does it harm your channel.

I am not saying that you should upload daily, but I am saying that it can't hurt. I also would recommend it if you can. I think it looks good, and a person seeing that you are active would probably make them feel more like subscribing.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
Again, I disagree and I don't understand why you would think that. There is no indication anywhere that it's excessive to upload daily. Nor does it harm your channel.

I am not saying that you should upload daily, but I am saying that it can't hurt. I also would recommend it if you can. I think it looks good, and a person seeing that you are active would probably make them feel more like subscribing.

Depends on what people deem active. Personally, I think daily is a spam of my feed when I have various subscriptions.