Possible name change on YouTube?!

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Every now and then YouTubers across the board will at some point contemplate on a name change or two. Theoretically, if I was to change my name from Nostalgic Gamer to something else, what would it be and why? I am open to anything you put.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
After a while I just stopped using an alias on YouTube because it didn't feel right to have people address me by a name that didn't actually belong to me. I eventually just pegged all of my YouTube to my IRL name so it felt right.
But I've also happened to change from a gaming YouTube guy to a vlogging YouTube guy.

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
In most cases it is best to stick with your first name, not only because of the custom URL but also as many people remember you by the current name. Changing this across the road might lead to people not being able to find you anymore.
That is true and you are right. Thanks for the tip.

Agreed with the posts above me . No name change needed the name is great!
Thanks and I will decide to stick with the name.

After a while I just stopped using an alias on YouTube because it didn't feel right to have people address me by a name that didn't actually belong to me. I eventually just pegged all of my YouTube to my IRL name so it felt right.
But I've also happened to change from a gaming YouTube guy to a vlogging YouTube guy.
Ok. Thanks for the tip.

ShivGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 26, 2016
Romania
YouTube
If you want to change your name, keep "Nostalgic" , maybe you can add something else than "gamer" because this is too common and not original.
I thinking of removing my "gamer" too :))

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
If you want to change your name, keep "Nostalgic" , maybe you can add something else than "gamer" because this is too common and not original.
I thinking of removing my "gamer" too :))

You are right about that, I might consider it but I also might keep it. Thanks though I will keep in mind with keeping "Nostalgic" part of the name.

if you really want to change your channel name then i would suggest to put GAMERS CLUB. I find this really unique and suitable for your content. :)

I have never though about that, interesting. I will consider that and see about possibly adding to my name after a possible revision. Maybe.Maybe.