Solved Pokemon is offensive language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Recently, I have posted a Pokemon Showdown video of Linoone sweeping 5 Darkrais. When i tried to put Pokemon as a heartbeat tag, this came up: bandicam 0001 (10).jpg

It is not deadly urgent or anything, but I am curious about this.

Reactions: Brent Cone

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Actually, the entire Pokemon language is nearly all curse words.
You know, the Pokemon Jiggly Puff, well this is what it actually means : Click Here

That link will show you pretty much all the curse words in Pokemon

I'm not putting "Son of a bidoof" in my tags, I just want to put the word pokemon.

besides, i had epic pokemon sweep RIGHT BESIDE IT and it didnt say anything before

Reactions: xCaliMurda
Upvote 0

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
this is a known issue where swear words in some languages get flagged out of context. in reality the recent changes we've made are more effective because it will now allow you to use workds like pokemon (which includes poke which refers to a crass word for sex in many languages) in a phrase but not in a single word. single word tags are almost useless right now in heartbeat and YouTube tags because they are too broad to stay relevant for long. Don't misunderstand we're still working on the issue but the hard and most rewarding work (phrases) is almost behind us.

We will be working on single word tags more in the future however as I stated before it's less of a priority as it's not as useful for users, algorythms, or content creators in todays SEO ecosystem.

A solution would be a couple weeks out (estimated)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.