Request Please tell me what you think

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube

Here's what I'd like to know:

• Was it interesting? (subjective I know :) )
• Was it engaging? (If not, what should I change?)
• Could you understand me? (I know I race through ideas sometimes XD)
• Will this be a video type you would want to watch again? (If not, why not)
EXTRA: Does this fit with the rest of my videos? (You don't have to answer, as I understand it will force you to go and look at my other videos, but if you have the time, I'd be grateful for an answer :) )

Reactions: derwinvlog

Christian Modahl

Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2016
Norway
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I, at least, think this was very interesting!

I think: yes. The composition and planning were great although, obviously, you could always improve a lot.
The thing you should try and do in the future is to try and make people who might not initially be interested in the subject still like the video, and after the video be interested. I also think you should more clearly explain what it is as if the audience has never heard the word before.

There were a couple of times I felt you spoke a little fast, or there were some words I could not understand. I recommend you try and speak a little bit slower, and more clearly.

Yes... and no. It really depends. I personally really enjoy this kind of educational videos, but not under every topic. But you should definitely make more of these if you enjoy it!

• EXTRA: Does this fit with the rest of my videos? (You don't have to answer, as I understand it will force you to go and look at my other videos, but if you have the time, I'd be grateful for an answer :) )

Yes, I do think it does fit in. It might be a little different, but it's great to have some variety in videos on a channel.

All in all: It's a good video, and you should make more!
After a while, you'll get even better.

This was just my opinion, and I might be wrong on some things, I'm just trying to help out!

Oh, and also, maybe add some ambient music that follows the "tension" in what you're saying? Might make it sound more professional.

Reactions: BlueBard

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
I, at least, think this was very interesting!

I think: yes. The composition and planning were great although, obviously, you could always improve a lot.
The thing you should try and do in the future is to try and make people who might not initially be interested in the subject still like the video, and after the video be interested. I also think you should more clearly explain what it is as if the audience has never heard the word before.

There were a couple of times I felt you spoke a little fast, or there were some words I could not understand. I recommend you try and speak a little bit slower, and more clearly.

Yes... and no. It really depends. I personally really enjoy this kind of educational videos, but not under every topic. But you should definitely make more of these if you enjoy it!

• EXTRA: Does this fit with the rest of my videos? (You don't have to answer, as I understand it will force you to go and look at my other videos, but if you have the time, I'd be grateful for an answer :) )

Yes, I do think it does fit in. It might be a little different, but it's great to have some variety in videos on a channel.

All in all: It's a good video, and you should make more!
After a while, you'll get even better.

This was just my opinion, and I might be wrong on some things, I'm just trying to help out!

Oh, and also, maybe add some ambient music that follows the "tension" in what you're saying? Might make it sound more professional.

Hi Christian!

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only watch my video but also for reviewing :D You are AWESOME!

Your feedback helped a lot, especially about the music bit. I was going back and forth with the idea of adding music and eventually left it out. Next time I'll leave it in :)

I'll also make a point of explaining terms. I do tend to get swept up in the idea and forget not everyone will immediately understand what the heck I'm talking about XD

I do enjoy them! ^_^ So I'll definitely make more of em :D

Thanks again for your time and effort! I sincerely appreciate it :)

Reactions: Christian Modahl

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
interesting topics on your channel.. you should do more animation and disscussons with guest .. like coast to coast am..love it
interesting topics on your channel.. you should do more animation and disscussons with guest .. like coast to coast am..love it

Thanks derwin! It's always great to get some feedback on the work you put in! I'll certainly give a discussion a try one day, animation is a little harder, but hopefully as time goes on I'll get better ^_^

Thanks again Derwin :D And thanks for the sub! I hope the next video is to your liking :D

Christian Modahl

Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2016
Norway
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Thanks derwin! It's always great to get some feedback on the work you put in! I'll certainly give a discussion a try one day, animation is a little harder, but hopefully as time goes on I'll get better ^_^

Thanks again Derwin :D And thanks for the sub! I hope the next video is to your liking :D
Hey, maybe if an animation is hard, you could do drawings? You know, draw or make something in photoshop that helps people kind of see what you are talking about!

idk

Reactions: BlueBard

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
Hey, maybe if an animation is hard, you could do drawings? You know, draw or make something in photoshop that helps people kind of see what you are talking about!

idk

With my other videos I tend to do that (using images from google and such to visualize what I'm saying), and another one of my viewers actually requested I put in some pictures for these 'Mythoughts', just to keep it a bit more interesting :) I'll definately try it with my next one. Just a bit more work XD

Thanks Christian!

Reactions: Christian Modahl

Proud to be fruit

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jun 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I unfortunately had trouble understanding what the dreamtime is. I listened to the whole video but I still didn't understand if it was an era like the stone age or something else. I went back to listen again and in the beginning you very quickly go over that. You are talking about a creation story, which I missed that first time I listened. But then you say that these stories (plural) are in some way connected. Even now I'm not sure what stories you are referring to. Was there a mention about stories that no one thought were connected? (From what you say later I can deduce that you are talking about stories from different tribes, but maybe tht should come before) I think my brain kind of just wasn't ready to listen yet. It's hard for people sometimes to listen when you don't know what you're listening for. And in this case I didn't know what to expect. Was it a video about science, religion, phychology? What kind of info would I get out of it? Inspiration? Or just interesting facts? Personal growth? There are a lot of things that the listener might need to have answered before they become ready to listen. What I've mentioned are some. Many speakers also open by talking about what's in it for the listener, why they should care, why the subject is interesting/important. I think maybe I needed these things first.

Otherwise I like your voice, I love your accent, you also sound very profssional.

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
I unfortunately had trouble understanding what the dreamtime is. I listened to the whole video but I still didn't understand if it was an era like the stone age or something else. I went back to listen again and in the beginning you very quickly go over that. You are talking about a creation story, which I missed that first time I listened. But then you say that these stories (plural) are in some way connected. Even now I'm not sure what stories you are referring to. Was there a mention about stories that no one thought were connected? (From what you say later I can deduce that you are talking about stories from different tribes, but maybe tht should come before) I think my brain kind of just wasn't ready to listen yet. It's hard for people sometimes to listen when you don't know what you're listening for. And in this case I didn't know what to expect. Was it a video about science, religion, phychology? What kind of info would I get out of it? Inspiration? Or just interesting facts? Personal growth? There are a lot of things that the listener might need to have answered before they become ready to listen. What I've mentioned are some. Many speakers also open by talking about what's in it for the listener, why they should care, why the subject is interesting/important. I think maybe I needed these things first.

Otherwise I like your voice, I love your accent, you also sound very profssional.

Thanks Proud to be Fruit!

This was the first 'freeform' video I did, but I will definitely need to chain my thoughts better :D Next time I'll keep a few notes handy and make sure I explain what the hell I'm talking about before just rambling off on the topic :p. I'll definitely give a short 'introduction' to what the video will be about, I never even thought of that, but I can see and understand why this would help people know what they're getting into with my videos.

But again, thanks so much! This review really helped me understand where I went wrong and what I can change to ensure people will enjoy the content I put out!

Reactions: Proud to be fruit