Request Please review my channel?

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey man, I'm new to this review thing so I'm sure there are plenty of other people who could help you out more, but one thing I would try to work on is your delivery when talking through your guides.

On your face importing video for example, it seemed to me like you were a little nervous at first and then towards the end you relaxed and let your personality show a little more. I have the same problem, but have noticed that it gets easier the more that you make videos.

I like the thumbnails, they're eye catching and definitely better than the plain youtube picked thumbnails. If I had 2K17 I would keep an eye on your channel for more tips and stuff for sure, so overall I like it. Just keep doing what you're doing and maybe branch into tips/gameplay (or whatever you want) for other games is my only other suggestion.

Reactions: Aaron Reyes

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
You have a good start, but there are some things to consider:

Your "About" tab seems a little short to me. That tab has amazing potential to grab subscribers, so take FULL advantage of it when you can!

I agree partially with SCG above about your thumbnails, they do catch the eye, but I think you could vary it up a little bit, instead of keeping with that particular layout every single time.

Your videos are nice enough, but they are all kinda short (in my own opinion of course). You don't have enough video time to make a connection with your viewers, which is what you want if you want to grow.

Finally, one last piece of advice I would give is that you need a real channel trailer. Something that welcomes people to the channel and tells them that they're gonna like your content! (I need to re-shoot mine lol).

That's about it though, decent work!

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Hey man, I'm new to this review thing so I'm sure there are plenty of other people who could help you out more, but one thing I would try to work on is your delivery when talking through your guides.

On your face importing video for example, it seemed to me like you were a little nervous at first and then towards the end you relaxed and let your personality show a little more. I have the same problem, but have noticed that it gets easier the more that you make videos.

I like the thumbnails, they're eye catching and definitely better than the plain youtube picked thumbnails. If I had 2K17 I would keep an eye on your channel for more tips and stuff for sure, so overall I like it. Just keep doing what you're doing and maybe branch into tips/gameplay (or whatever you want) for other games is my only other suggestion.
Thank you so much! Are there any specific ways I can actually deliver better when talking through my guides?

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
You have a good start, but there are some things to consider:

Your "About" tab seems a little short to me. That tab has amazing potential to grab subscribers, so take FULL advantage of it when you can!

I agree partially with SCG above about your thumbnails, they do catch the eye, but I think you could vary it up a little bit, instead of keeping with that particular layout every single time.

Your videos are nice enough, but they are all kinda short (in my own opinion of course). You don't have enough video time to make a connection with your viewers, which is what you want if you want to grow.

Finally, one last piece of advice I would give is that you need a real channel trailer. Something that welcomes people to the channel and tells them that they're gonna like your content! (I need to re-shoot mine lol).

That's about it though, decent work!
Thanks for the review! I will definitely change my "about" tab ASAP and try to add in more content in my videos to make them longer :) Thanks again

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
Thank you so much! Are there any specific ways I can actually deliver better when talking through my guides?

I have the same problem, so I don't know how much I can help, lol. As someone suggested to me, and as I have tried before on different things,have a script or a guide to help you say what you want, that can help lessen the seeming nervousness at first before you warm up. If I write a script I always end up going off course anyway, so that's why I mentioned a guide, lol.

Another thing is to just keep doing the same video until you feel like your delivery is better. I did at least 10 or more takes on my channel trailer before I gave up and just posted it because it was better than my previous trials :D.

The best thing for me so far is just posting videos with commentary. At first my videos where pretty robotic sounding and didn't have much personality, but since I've posted so many where I just play and talk at the same time, I've gotten used to the idea that random people on the internet are going to hear me talk, and I'm a lot more comfortable with it. I'm far from the smoothest talker, and still learning how to best "create" my youtube personality, or really just show my personality in my videos other than when I'm doing commentary (the beginnings of my videos still sound robotic, for example) but the more I do it the more natural it feels.

Ethan and Ethan show

New User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2016
I have looked and I see a ton of the same thing!! NBA 2K17 on every video! Why not mix it up? Anyways, cool channel. I like the banner and profile picture.

Tkminator

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
Hi, I started uploading videos on my channel on September 11, 2016 and I am kindly requesting for a review on my channel? Please be 100% honest and any tips, tricks, and suggestions will be kindly appreciated. Thank you all so much :)

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTR1_NUDBc5KJnOCsRSdbBQ

Hey, I had a look at your channel and for someone who only started uploading 3 weeks ago I would say you're doing well. You have good thumbnails, video and audio quality and you have active subscribers. So whatever tips you've put to use keep it up because they are working. I hope you keep growing, good luck.

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Wow thank you so much for the help man! I will definitely put these to use I just dropped a sub :)
I have the same problem, so I don't know how much I can help, lol. As someone suggested to me, and as I have tried before on different things,have a script or a guide to help you say what you want, that can help lessen the seeming nervousness at first before you warm up. If I write a script I always end up going off course anyway, so that's why I mentioned a guide, lol.

Another thing is to just keep doing the same video until you feel like your delivery is better. I did at least 10 or more takes on my channel trailer before I gave up and just posted it because it was better than my previous trials :D.

The best thing for me so far is just posting videos with commentary. At first my videos where pretty robotic sounding and didn't have much personality, but since I've posted so many where I just play and talk at the same time, I've gotten used to the idea that random people on the internet are going to hear me talk, and I'm a lot more comfortable with it. I'm far from the smoothest talker, and still learning how to best "create" my youtube personality, or really just show my personality in my videos other than when I'm doing commentary (the beginnings of my videos still sound robotic, for example) but the more I do it the more natural it feels.

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Hey, I had a look at your channel and for someone who only started uploading 3 weeks ago I would say you're doing well. You have good thumbnails, video and audio quality and you have active subscribers. So whatever tips you've put to use keep it up because they are working. I hope you keep growing, good luck.
Thank you so much for your input and words of encouragement! :)

Reactions: Tkminator

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Thank you so much for your input and words of encouragement! :)

Reactions: Tkminator