Playing with the big shots

LessPvtParts

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
New York
YouTube
So I have had a chance to play with some of the people that I looked up to when I first started my gaming channel. I recorded all of it but never uploaded. I will be playing with another one of my favorite youtubers later this week and was wondering what's yalls opinion on uploading videos with someone let's say 1.5mil subs when you have <1%. Is that something that's frowned upon among most people or do you think it's alright.

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
why would it be frowned upon??
dude it is an incredible opportunity to play with bigger youtubers and since these people are people who you look up to,it is amazing
(Just dont use their name as clickbait,that would be frowned upon xD)

LessPvtParts

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
New York
YouTube
Well I just kinda feel like it's cheating the system lol seeing she has 1.5 mil and I'm at a internet breaking 2500 lol. I just didn't wanna be that guy. Like I play with gassymexican a lot but never upload because of that reason. And Friday I'll be recording with TheRPGMinx

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Well I just kinda feel like it's cheating the system lol seeing she has 1.5 mil and I'm at a internet breaking 2500 lol. I just didn't wanna be that guy. Like I play with gassymexican a lot but never upload because of that reason. And Friday I'll be recording with TheRPGMinx
lol i dont really understand why it would be frowned upon xD
did you ask them before recording the footage?
Are you NOT going to use their name as clickbait?
if you answered yes to both of them,then i dont see why it would be a problem,just upload the video like you were doing a collab with say,me.Add a nice title and good thumbnail and make the video entertaining
Maybe i am missing something so thats why i dont understand why it would be bad,i dont know xD

LessPvtParts

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
New York
YouTube
lol i dont really understand why it would be frowned upon xD
did you ask them before recording the footage?
Are you NOT going to use their name as clickbait?
if you answered yes to both of them,then i dont see why it would be a problem,just upload the video like you were doing a collab with say,me.Add a nice title and good thumbnail and make the video entertaining
Maybe i am missing something so thats why i dont understand why it would be bad,i dont know xD
I'm just know how some of the people are because I played with someone with 50k when I only had 20 subs and people lost their minds because I gained about 1k over night. And yeah not using click bait or anything like that just generic name with friends. Lol

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I think you should upload it, as you had the opportunity that many Youtubers would love - to play with people that inspired them / your favourite creators. I don't think anyone would be mad about it or see it in a bad light I think its wonderful you got the opportunity and think you should definitely share the videos

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
I'm just know how some of the people are because I played with someone with 50k when I only had 20 subs and people lost their minds because I gained about 1k over night. And yeah not using click bait or anything like that just generic name with friends. Lol
lol i am pretty sure that the people who hated on you when you got the 1K subs were just mad jealous and could only show it that way(by hating on you),i am 100% (ok maybe 90%) sure that those people who have loved to be in your position

Moonspluver

New User
Nov 13, 2016
Boston
YouTube
Moonsplover
I have a bud, CurriePlays who Ive been watching for over a year now. He has great editing skills and makes awesome videos. He got an honorable mention in the description on pewdiepies last shout out video. Through that he gained 8k subscribers in a few hours, and he was also brought to the attention of Kwebblekop. When Kweb asked Currie if he wanted to edit for him, I think at first he said no, that he wanted to focus on making his content, so they did collabs. He played games with Kewb, Jelle, and Slogomanify and ut was great. Then he . finally made an agreement with Kweb, and he edits for him now. Finally, after about 3-4 years if hard . work, everything is paying off and he does YouTube for a living, editing for kewbblekop and making videos for himself.

What I'm trying to say here is that you should most certainly take ANY opportunity to take a hand up, but be smart about it. Currie was able to get a feel with working with Kwebblekop before he was assured that it was a good decision. I hope you have success with the videos that you're going to do with the larger youtuber, especially if they upload it to their channel and you do to yours too. I'd love to get opportunities such as this. But I don't have a computer lol.

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
I wouldn't say that'd be frowned upon. If anything I'd say it's amazing that you know so many Youtubers that I'm sure most of us know of :) Especially since these Youtubers were the ones that inspired you to start Youtubing. That in itself is something to be proud of :D So don't mind the haters from when you did that last collab video man. Just do what feels right, that's what Youtube's all about! - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So I have had a chance to play with some of the people that I looked up to when I first started my gaming channel. I recorded all of it but never uploaded. I will be playing with another one of my favorite youtubers later this week and was wondering what's yalls opinion on uploading videos with someone let's say 1.5mil subs when you have <1%. Is that something that's frowned upon among most people or do you think it's alright.
Since he managed to get 1.5M subs i would ask him the question. Your doing a collab with a channel wich brings forth great oppertunities, if he agrees you upload the content then you got yourself a golden ticket :D