Solved Paypal not accepting card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mora Hannover

Freedom! Member
Apr 7, 2016
YouTube
I am trying my best to make a paypal account and I can't! I tried my best! I tried a Debit MasterCard and the message I got "This card is not acceptable, please use a different card" and then I used a PrePaid MasterCard and I got the same message! I entered Name,Phone Number,Billing Address even Day of Birth identical to everything in the card! and I still get that message. Please someone help me because Paypal is the only way to receive payments!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ok so here is some information I managed to find regarding paypal and the payment cards : -

"PayPal accepts all major credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.

If you find your credit card is not being accepted with a message such as "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." it might be due to one of the following reasons:
  1. Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you're not logging in with that particular account.
  2. Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
  3. You've linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
  4. You've exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
  5. Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal's system.
  6. Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again."
Another thing that may be stopping them from verifying and confirming the account is real, and allowing to use the card is due to insufficient funds - as I saw a solved post here that said to link a card you must have a couple of euros / pounds on it for them to verify it.

Also please not not having a payment option linked to your account won't stop your from receiving payments they will just be held in your Paypal wallet, which you could then transfer out / use to pay for services at a later time.[DOUBLEPOST=1483640754][/DOUBLEPOST]Here another helpful thing I managed to find from Paypal customer service here

"If you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:
  • Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third.
  • You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address.
  • You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card. What to do: Call your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again."

Upvote 0

Mora Hannover

Freedom! Member
Apr 7, 2016
YouTube
I am not sure about my browser is acceptig cookies or not, and the Pre-Paid card is empty and has no money! I will charge it and try! and regarding the billing address! I entered a random one because I don't see any billing address on the mastercard!

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I am not sure about my browser is acceptig cookies or not, and the Pre-Paid card is empty and has no money! I will charge it and try! and regarding the billing address! I entered a random one because I don't see any billing address on the mastercard!
Well to check you could always delete your browsing history as this will get rid of cookies as well, also the billing address would then be your address, but if you put in a random one thats fine

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I repaired the browsers cookies and I charged the card with money but still the same error! what's wrong with paypal?
I'm not sure what else it could be, might be worth you sending paypal a quick email / message and hopefully they will be able to sort things out for you.

Upvote 0

Mora Hannover

Freedom! Member
Apr 7, 2016
YouTube
LOL I found the problem was with the bank, because I tried to buy games from steam and still the same problem, then tried to buy games outside steam! I tried eveything and didn't work. I found the problem was with the bank! Thanks for help guys!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.