Request Overall Channel Review

Justin TheMrSanity

Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
Hey there, you can find my channel at the bottom to go and take a look, I just want to see some peoples opinions on my channel overall when it comes to SEO (Titling of videos, Description layouts, if you use an external software like socialblade to see keywords then keywords) and how i'm just like I said doing overall on my channel.

Thank you so much in advance - TheMrSanity

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hi @Justin TheMrSanity !
When i enter your channel page there are some first impressions:
  • You use the custom channel layout (dont know how youtube this calls). You have your Uploads, a row of playlists (pls rename this from "Created Playlists" to something else, its to default) and popular uploads (rename this too). Thats ok but edit these titles..
  • Then I see your Channel video which is not a trailer and that isnt a problem, because sometimes first episodes of games or something else, that the people wanna see is nice too.
  • Your Channel Art is also ok, your banner is ok but nothing special > but not a problem! Now the thing is, your Channel Avatar is not really recognizable. It looks like a normal picture from google images. I understand what your avatar means and how its connected to your channel name, but its nothing special where your audience or new watcher can say "Hey I know this guy, i remember your avatar". Thats a small suggestion but a very important point.
  • Now I see your "Uploads" Tab. I dont know why you dont add a thumbnail. I forgot a thumbnail too for my last video but you have more then one video that you uploaded 1 day ago without a thumbnail. If you dont know how important thumbnails are, just tell me and I will try to explain you that :)

• You uploaded 10 Videos in one day!? I mean if you reach 100k Subs, then your audience is happy about that and will love you, but the other point is quality and a special natural waiting time. I dont know you, but I think that nobody can reach his full potential and the best quality / content if someone uploading 10 Videos / day :eek: The other Point is the natural waiting time. You 300+ Subs, that means you have a default audience. If you are uploading (e.g.) every 2 Hours a video, you get less views because no single viewer wanna watch in one day 10 videos of you (i tested it out :) ). Give your viewers time (1 / 2 days) to watch your videos and then you will become more then 2 or 8 views :)
  • I watched your lastest video (*youtube-url*/watch?v=UEXVPZKubiY). Maybe you can add a video intro and an outro, thats better because your audience will see everytime your name and at the end of the video your social links or a sub-button for example.
  • Your Sound / Video Quality is absolutly ok :)
  • You have to add more tags. The tags you set in your last video are ok but not really enough.
  • Optional you can add lines and other spaces in your video description (here you can see some examples from me: Any tips for getting videos seen by more people ? )
I hope it helps you a little bit :) and i hope i didnt forgot something, sorry for my bad english :p

Justin TheMrSanity

Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
Hi @Justin TheMrSanity !
  • You use the custom channel layout (dont know how youtube this calls). You have your Uploads, a row of playlists (pls rename this from "Created Playlists" to something else, its to default) and popular uploads (rename this too). Thats ok but edit these titles..
  • Then I see your Channel video which is not a trailer and that isnt a problem, because sometimes first episodes of games or something else, that the people wanna see is nice too.
  • Your Channel Art is also ok, your banner is ok but nothing special > but not a problem! Now the thing is, your Channel Avatar is not really recognizable. It looks like a normal picture from google images. I understand what your avatar means and how its connected to your channel name, but its nothing special where your audience or new watcher can say "Hey I know this guy, i remember your avatar". Thats a small suggestion but a very important point.
  • Now I see your "Uploads" Tab. I dont know why you dont add a thumbnail. I forgot a thumbnail too for my last video but you have more then one video that you uploaded 1 day ago without a thumbnail. If you dont know how important thumbnails are, just tell me and I will try to explain you that :)

• You uploaded 10 Videos in one day!? I mean if you reach 100k Subs, then your audience is happy about that and will love you, but the other point is quality and a special natural waiting time. I dont know you, but I think that nobody can reach his full potential and the best quality / content if someone uploading 10 Videos / day :eek: The other Point is the natural waiting time. You 300+ Subs, that means you have a default audience. If you are uploading (e.g.) every 2 Hours a video, you get less views because no single viewer wanna watch in one day 10 videos of you (i tested it out :) ). Give your viewers time (1 / 2 days) to watch your videos and then you will become more then 2 or 8 views :)
  • I watched your lastest video (*youtube-url*/watch?v=UEXVPZKubiY). Maybe you can add a video intro and an outro, thats better because your audience will see everytime your name and at the end of the video your social links or a sub-button for example.
  • You have to add more tags. The tags you set in your last video are ok but not really enough.
  • Optional you can add lines and other spaces in your video description (here you can see some examples from me: Any tips for getting videos seen by more people ? )
I hope it helps you a little bit :) and i hope i didnt forgot something, sorry for my bad english :p

Yeah to start things off yeah those videos I pulled out of unlisted, that's why I "uploaded 10 times in one day" which I don't understand how or why they are showing in recent uploads when they were uploaded well over 2 years ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1488873262][/DOUBLEPOST]
[LIST said:
[*]You have to add more tags. The tags you set in your last video are ok but not really enough.
[/LIST]

I understand this but for the last particular upload, there is nothing else relevant to tag, tagging isn't just about throwing as many tags in as possible, that is how you mislead people in the Search results and how your SEO ranking goes down. I took two courses on how to properly SEO your videos don't worry![DOUBLEPOST=1488873403][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi @Justin TheMrSanity !

I would honestly say re look when it comes to the uploads section.

Last edited: