Opinions about the R8 Revolver in CS:GO?

CounterEagle

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
Personally, I think that it should be either nerfed or taken out of the game, because it is just way too overpowered. One shot kill and 100% accuracy? SMH Valve.

byyzeroh

WoW and Anime Nerd :3
Freedom! Member
I stopped playing CS:GO about 2 months ago and come back to see what I thought was another weapon/skin gimmick to get Valve more money but seriously this thing is ridiculously too good. Knowing Valve they may have just made it OP for a while to get people to buy skins for it...

C4RP3T

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Well they will not remove it from the game because they already sold skins of it. They wil probably nerf the weapon though. The community wanted a revolver to switch out with the Deagle. But they gave them a bit too much revolver.

Also people think that Valve did this on purpose to make everybody pay attention to the revolver and not get mad over the other changes that were made on the game like the changes to the rifles spray pattern and accuracy recovery.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Why? It makes them money... They'd never remove something that makes money. Thatd be a poor decision. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it, but it looks like fun.

FlareWolf

Well-Known User
Jun 11, 2014
YouTube
First of all, i really like the design of the gun. But it was way to OP before they nerfed it (pocket version AWP), and it really ruined the balance of the game. Should it be removed? No. It's not that bad now and it's harder to abuse it (because of the lower damage). The same thing happened when they added CZ-75 Auto, it was OP but it got nerfed quickly, just like the revolver. It's a good thing they add new weapons in my opinion, it makes the gameplay a bit fresher :)

Gamerman98

Freedom! Member
Jul 26, 2015
canada
YouTube
Although I don't like how slow the firing is, I am at least happy that they nerfed the damage as soon as they did as the gun was just too OP even for me. Before the nerf I once did a headshot for 333 damage, it was just too crazy of a weapon to have in the game.

C

Corpfox

Not exactly one shot kill but very devastating. Watched a YouTuber try to do a R8 revolver only match and sometimes did 99 damage to his opponents after death. Laughed so hard when that happens.

I'm more into the case unboxing and the Revolver case is pretty cool.

C4RP3T

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Not exactly one shot kill but very devastating. Watched a YouTuber try to do a R8 revolver only match and sometimes did 99 damage to his opponents after death. Laughed so hard when that happens.

I'm more into the case unboxing and the Revolver case is pretty cool.
Well you could still one shot people. You had to hit them in the abdomen and it would be a one shot kill no matter the distance. But that's all over now. Now it's a handheld scout. I think they should just make it a deagle competitor. Like the community wanted. Just a different style of deagle so you can be dirty harry.
But i'm curious how the Pro's would use this thing with the ability's this gun has right now. I think they'll use the accuracy to their advantage when they rush past double doors and put a quick accurate shot through (while running).

SixPackSuperMan

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Canada
YouTube
I was in a lobby and everyone was using the R8 Revolver. It was a 1 shot lobby and it was very difficult to even get 1 kill that round. I hope they lower the stats...