Opinion on this Type of Channel

Textrus

Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
YouTube
Hello. I had a gaming channel where I posted quite regularly, but found that recording gameplay videos was not my thing. I still wanted to create videos, but was not sure what to base my channel off of.

So I came up with this idea that I would voice over commercials in a comedic way, but wanted to see your opinions on whether you would be entertained by it or not. I would say i'm a pretty comedic guy, I have a good sense of humor.

I know it's hard to say because I don't have any videos up right now, but just wanted to check with the community before I started going 100% with this idea.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
It would certainly be something I haven't seen before, it depends on what you do with the video really, is it going to be puns, jokes pointing out what wrong with the ad? you should really flesh out the idea and make a few videos on it to see how it comes out before going full out though.​

Textrus

Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
YouTube
It would certainly be something I haven't seen before, it depends on what you do with the video really, is it going to be puns, jokes pointing out what wrong with the ad? you should really flesh out the idea and make a few videos on it to see how it comes out before going full out though.​
Not really jokes or puns or pointing out whats wrong with the ad, just saying funny things when the actors in the commercial say things.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is an idea, and I have seen it done successfully before. Although I don't think it would be too wise to make it all that your channel is made of. To get an example of how this works, look at the two most popular videos on the Jacksfilms YouTube channel.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I've seen that a bit actually but I enjoyed a ton of these videos so try doing it, maybe you enjoy it, maybe your viewers enjoy it! In the end it's just about having fun ;)

Textrus

Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
YouTube
It is an idea, and I have seen it done successfully before. Although I don't think it would be too wise to make it all that your channel is made of. To get an example of how this works, look at the two most popular videos on the Jacksfilms YouTube channel.
I've seen that a bit actually but I enjoyed a ton of these videos so try doing it, maybe you enjoy it, maybe your viewers enjoy it! In the end it's just about having fun ;)
Thank you guys for the feedback! I'm actually in the middle of creating my first video. Hopefully it will be out this weekend :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello. I had a gaming channel where I posted quite regularly, but found that recording gameplay videos was not my thing. I still wanted to create videos, but was not sure what to base my channel off of.

So I came up with this idea that I would voice over commercials in a comedic way, but wanted to see your opinions on whether you would be entertained by it or not. I would say i'm a pretty comedic guy, I have a good sense of humor.

I know it's hard to say because I don't have any videos up right now, but just wanted to check with the community before I started going 100% with this idea.

If this is something you like to do then i would certainly go for it but as othere mentioned you have to watch for copyright