YouTube One of the biggest lies of Youtube!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Yes definitely quality over quantity for gaining subscribers/views. One of my videos took over a year to make and it accounts for most of my views. It can be hard for lets play gaming channels to improve the quality so much though. I think you also need to mix in things like tutorials and things that people are likely to search for.

It also depends what you are aiming for, do you want to make videos how you want, or do you want views/subscribers above all else. If someone is happy getting a few views per video there is nothing wrong with that :)

Reactions: KillaDrones
C

Corpfox

@ KillaDrones If you like what do you, then that is all you should care about. But if your into getting views and subs, that is pretty hard. Persons are just not into your content. But yes, quality over quantity is better.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Quality certainly is king, but the statement really isn't a lie. To call "just keep uploading" a lie implies that there is something that someone can do outside of uploading to bolster their YouTube success chances. The last thing that any small channel should be doing is trying to use social media to gain views, particularly Reddit, you want to get your views from people on YouTube because they're the ones engaged on the actual YouTube page and not wherever you posted it, increasing the likelihood of getting a like or a subscription.

You go on about "more likely to be seen if more of you is out there", this is an absolute fact with one severe caviat. You are just as likely to be found as a person with one video, even if you have a thousand videos, if all the videos are either directly or closely related. It's why GTA YouTube don't take off, they have the same content over-and-over-and-over-and-over. This also applies to people to do walkthroughs of a game, if it's been made before, or many times before as it often is that case, then it really isn't worth making if your focus is trying to get the widest potential audience.