YouTube One of the biggest lies of Youtube!

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I see this statement all the time on this forum, "You just got to keep uploading man, come up with a schedule and you'll get there." This is a huge mis-truth that the community seems to have. Sure having a lot of videos helps with the likelihood of you getting noticed because there is more of you out there, but in todays Youtube environment this just isn't enough anymore.
Take it from me. I have 532 subscribers and have been at this stage for the past 2 years. Granted that my channel is also 4 years old. I have over 700 videos, but I'm still not growing and haven't in a very long time. And using social media helps get views, but retention I find drops off from people on social media unlike those on Youtube.
So to continuously tell people with very little subscribers this lie does not help them. The truth is that quality is KING! Make your video the very best possible and then you'll get the subscribers! A lot of videos just gets you views, but not people that want to come back and view again. This is something that I'm learning slowly.
I figured I'd share this with you guys because honestly quantity might only get you your first 100-500 subs. So this includes my channel as well. Even though I upload a lot, my content isn't worth staying around for apparently comparing to other peoples. Individuality is what people are looking for.
Good luck.
I'd love to know your thoughts as well.

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
i agree with you there dude but it does help if you able to get both quality and quantity :) but yes quality rocks the youtube world
Yeah it would seem that a lot of the larger partners agree with me. But, there has to be another piece of the puzzle that I'm missing. The growth just isn't there. Eventually I'll figure it out I'm sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1485959065][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quality over quantity
Yes. Although I think other factors could have an influence I think this is the big thing a lot of new commentators miss out on.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yeah it would seem that a lot of the larger partners agree with me. But, there has to be another piece of the puzzle that I'm missing. The growth just isn't there. Eventually I'll figure it out I'm sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1485959065][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes. Although I think other factors could have an influence I think this is the big thing a lot of new commentators miss out on.
if you ever figure it out man be sure to let me know, iv been at this for 4 years and i still cant figure it out, no matter how good my videos get and how much i advertise (without spamming) and no matter how good my SEO is for my videos my channel just wont grow so i no how you feel man

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
if you ever figure it out man be sure to let me know, iv been at this for 4 years and i still cant figure it out, no matter how good my videos get and how much i advertise (without spamming) and no matter how good my SEO is for my videos my channel just wont grow so i no how you feel man
Same here. Been here for 4 years. 700+ videos. Still no growth. I'd be interested in your thoughts of where to go next.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Same here. Been here for 4 years. 700+ videos. Still no growth. I'd be interested in your thoughts of where to go next.
well i can see you got descriptions and what not your thumbnails pretty much stay the same in your series tho im not really sure if thats good or bad, but i see your tags are not so great tho your video tags work with your title and description they all work together so you need keywords to do with your video in all 3 parts for the SEO other from that i dont no how i can help there are facebook groups you can try and google+ groups as well

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
well i can see you got descriptions and what not your thumbnails pretty much stay the same in your series tho im not really sure if thats good or bad, but i see your tags are not so great tho your video tags work with your title and description they all work together so you need keywords to do with your video in all 3 parts for the SEO other from that i dont no how i can help there are facebook groups you can try and google+ groups as well
I'm not sure what you mean. Which video are you looking at?

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
your rachet and clank video the only tags i see are Ratchet and Clank, Space Ranger, Clank, Ratchet, guns, how to, playthrough, walkthrough, also your video titles are very plain and not very worthy of the clicks if that makes sense and as for your kingdom hearts videos all the thumbnails are the same and the title are pretty much the same a part from the character name in the brackets

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
your rachet and clank video the only tags i see are Ratchet and Clank, Space Ranger, Clank, Ratchet, guns, how to, playthrough, walkthrough, also your video titles are very plain and not very worthy of the clicks if that makes sense and as for your kingdom hearts videos all the thumbnails are the same and the title are pretty much the same a part from the character name in the brackets
Well it is a let's play series. So I figured them all being the same would let people know that they go together.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
But you could of put a png image of the character on the thumbnail as well with the name of the character also on the thumbnail to keep it the same but also different these are only my opinions tho mate im not telling you how torun your channel im just letting you no what you could do and stuff like that

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
But you could of put a png image of the character on the thumbnail as well with the name of the character also on the thumbnail to keep it the same but also different these are only my opinions tho mate im not telling you how torun your channel im just letting you no what you could do and stuff like that
Yeah Thanks dude. I'll work on it some. Thanks.

Reactions: Scalperhero

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
And it seems like all the 1000+ subscriber channels agree with me. But the channels that are my size seem to have a different perspective which is just plain wrong. I appreciate the comment.
As an above 1000+ subscriber channel, I can tell you this from experience. It helps to have more of your stuff out there, but you also need to maintain a balance of quality. I would say, a healthy medium is 2-3 uploads a week. It gives you enough time to work on your content, but still gives enough consistency for Youtube's SEO to promote your channel.

Example: When I could upload League, as long as I got out 2-3 uploads a week that averaged more than 3 min watch time, Youtube promoted all my videos. I'm pretty sure I'm still in recommended even on some things.

Reactions: KillaDrones

Drawyah

Respected User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT
Over 4 years old channel, 500 subscribers and 10,000 views?

I've been around since April and I've already overtaken - Are you sure it's your content people are not enjoying? You do play some good games on that channel (Credit on Ratchet and Clank!) but with only 10,000 views, you need to get a little more.

Try and get a partnership or something with a large company. I've been fortunate for a fairly large company in the Flight Simulator community to notice me and partner with my channel, providing me with free content and a small amount of exposure. I see good quality coming from your channel, you just need the fanbase, you just need to get yourself out there! Advertise on forums, find people into these games.

Likewise, slow down the uploads! I've gone for 1 video a day, following a schedule people like to follow. (I've got a small but growing fanbase! :D )
Monday - Motorsport Manager
Tuesday - Euro Truck Simulator 2
Wednesday - FSX Career
Thursday - OMSI 2 Bus Simulator
Friday - Fractured Space
Saturday - Day off or Livestream
Sunday - Rocket League

With you, it's upload every single day at any time whenever. Whilst you are kind of right in saying that it's quality over quantity, I've been able to get a middle ground with both and grow at a half decent rate. :)

Oh, and have an empathy sub from me. :p

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Over 4 years old channel, 500 subscribers and 10,000 views?

I've been around since April and I've already overtaken - Are you sure it's your content people are not enjoying? You do play some good games on that channel (Credit on Ratchet and Clank!) but with only 10,000 views, you need to get a little more.

Try and get a partnership or something with a large company. I've been fortunate for a fairly large company in the Flight Simulator community to notice me and partner with my channel, providing me with free content and a small amount of exposure. I see good quality coming from your channel, you just need the fanbase, you just need to get yourself out there! Advertise on forums, find people into these games.

Likewise, slow down the uploads! I've gone for 1 video a day, following a schedule people like to follow. (I've got a small but growing fanbase! :D )
Monday - Motorsport Manager
Tuesday - Euro Truck Simulator 2
Wednesday - FSX Career
Thursday - OMSI 2 Bus Simulator
Friday - Fractured Space
Saturday - Day off or Livestream
Sunday - Rocket League

With you, it's upload every single day at any time whenever. Whilst you are kind of right in saying that it's quality over quantity, I've been able to get a middle ground with both and grow at a half decent rate. :)

Oh, and have an empathy sub from me. :p
Thank you friend. And the reason that I'm uploading so often right now is that I have a ridiculous amount of content store up and I need to make room for new games. So I'm trying to get rid of a few series and then go back to daily uploads.

Also, I don't like stretching things out for forever because new things are constantly coming out and I want to play them. My goal right now is after February I'll go back to completing 2 series per month on the channel. That's the goal anyway. And I'm also working on some re-branding. I appreciate that you liked the channel though. The exposure has just never been there.