Oh boy youtube is the hard life for the poor

joemancool

New User
Freedom! Member
As the title says im poor (rip me) so any YouTube content i make is made using budget equipment aka the lowest priced equipment i can get. Right now the most expensive thing i have is a 1920x1060 tv screen with 60hz.
which costed 300 dollars. laptop i use for gaming which was made in 2008 i got for free (thank god) it was made for general school and office work not gaming so lag be reals. The cheapest peice of equipment which i payed for was my keyboard for 30 dollars. In total my entire setup costed around 390 dollars. If i only used my laptop then it would only cost around 78 dollars. I wish YouTube was kinder to new youtubers as i have no source of income (so i cant upgrade) and i have no job except for YouTube but that does not pay. so general question, does anyone know any ways to get the cash to upgrade my stuff so my video quality is not the equivalent to a cut in half potato. And i am still in school so i got about 2 school years left before im on my own so right now just focusing on youtube and school. But yeah How do i raise cash for upgrading my setup?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think most of the big YouTubers started out doing YouTube as a hobby on low end equipment. As your channel grows you can always spend the money earned on upgrading your equipment. I don't think having high end equipment is necessary for gaining views and subs.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Get a job. Then you wil earn enough money and then you can pay for all those stuff.

It's not gonna be easy with youtube and school. But you always can make time for anything. You just have to be willing enough to do it.