Status
Not open for further replies.

LPSprouts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2018
NC
YouTube
Ok... so I have a small problem with OBS studio. Currently I use it to record my Pokémon videos cause it’s the easiest program and I can have everything I need right there. But when I want to record other games such as Okami HD or Fairy Fencer F (both are steam games btw) I set the Scene and add a window capture cause I usually play my games in a windowed mode cause it’s just easier...but whenever I try and capture the game it’s just a black screen....and I don’t know how to fix it. So if anyone can help me that would be awesome cause i wanna make other content but I literally can’t :/

*things I’ve done already*
Run OBS with admin
Changed compatibility to windows 7 (was a YouTube tutorial and it worked once but now it’s back to a black screen)
Updated flash and Nvidia just in case
Redownloaded OBS
Updated drivers and such

Should I just try a different program like bandicam or fraps??? Please help my soul :’(

U

User.123120

I've come to notice that some games will not be picked up by the windows detect thingy, but you can try game window or vice versa. In short use:

Game Capture
Display Capture
Window Capture

Let me know if this works :)

Upvote 0

LPSprouts

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2018
NC
YouTube
I've come to notice that some games will not be picked up by the windows detect thingy, but you can try game window or vice versa. In short use:

Game Capture
Display Capture
Window Capture

Let me know if this works :)
I’ll try that once I get home :) thanks, I’ll let you know

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.