YouTube Not monetize until 1000 subs??

GoRanks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2017
India
YouTube
OfficialGoRanks
I am thinking about not monetizing my videos until I reach 1000 subs. Because I think until you reach that point you are not gonna make considerable amount anyway.

And if a new viewer comes to a video and ad starts to play, then their is a chance that he/she won't even watch the video. So is it good idea to not monetizing until that point???

Reactions: All In One π

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
You can't monetize your videos unless you have 10,000 views. This came into play as a new youtube policy. Anyway, even at 10k, you won't be making considerable money on your videos anyway. So my advice is not to monetize anything until you have close to 20k. Others might disagree, but this is just my own opinion. Frankly its to early to be worrying about making money, so focus on making content, your users will come back to watch, over and over in time. This kind of thinking will serve you well when you do decide to monetize your videos.

Reactions: GoRanks

GoRanks

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2017
India
YouTube
OfficialGoRanks
You can't monetize your videos unless you have 10,000 views. This came into play as a new youtube policy. Anyway, even at 10k, you won't be making considerable money on your videos anyway. So my advice is not to monetize anything until you have close to 20k. Others might disagree, but this is just my own opinion. Frankly its to early to be worrying about making money, so focus on making content, your users will come back to watch, over and over in time. This kind of thinking will serve you well when you do decide to monetize your videos.
Thanks for your suggestion.
By the way I already have nearly 33K views in total. Because my some series is popular than others.

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Congrats on the views. :)

But my advice still stands, so concentrate on making good content; content your users will return to watch. It will pay off heaps in time, when you do monetize all your videos. And on a side note, I wouldn't pay attention to the subs number listing, as its completely broken. So you may have more subs than it actually says on your channel.

Reactions: GoRanks

CommonFamilySurvival

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I am thinking about not monetizing my videos until I reach 1000 subs. Because I think until you reach that point you are not gonna make considerable amount anyway.

And if a new viewer comes to a video and ad starts to play, then their is a chance that he/she won't even watch the video. So is it good idea to not monetizing until that point???

In my opinion you may be focusing on subs too much. Views and watch time is what drives monetizing profit. I started my channel roughly 7 months ago and in this 7 months I have roughly 98,000 watch time minutes almost 22,000 views and I'm not even close to 1k subs. Most of my views and watch time come from non subscribers. Also your not taking into the consideration for the youtube red revenue your missing out on from those die hard "I don't wanna watch ads folks". Also if having to watch a couple seconds of an add is going to keep someone from subscribing to me then that's a sub I don't want....what happens when you hit 1000 subs and turn on adds? Also think about this even if you only generate $10.00 a month It could take a year or two or more to hit that 1000 subs your looking to hit. Do the math that could be a couple hundred dollars your missing out to help your channel grow. Just my thoughts

Reactions: KeithExplores

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Its completely up to you whether or not you wait until 1K subscribers in order to monetise your content on your channel. Though bear in mind if you have joined a network, such as Freedom you have agreed to monetise your content while a part of the network, as such you are legally obliged to monetise your content once joined, and as such you may see ads appear on your videos anyway. You could look at it that your subscribers may not want to see ads though if people are put off watching your content by sitting through a few seconds of ads then, really was that potential view worth it, as they could easily install adblockers and skip ads that way. Alternatively not advertising, or placing ads on your videos you are missing out on revenue - while this may not be a lot it could enable you to put this toward things you may want / need