New Youtubers/Small Youtubers

Spartacus

Rising User
Aug 22, 2014
YouTube
Hey guys this post is not meant to offend anyone or make anyone mad just wanted to start of by saying that. New Youtubers or small youtubers this is for you just a little word of advice. If you started your channel in order to be loved by tons and make money than you are doing it for the wrong reasons and need to take a look at your life. When I started making videos I saw it as a way to have fun with friends and make people happy all while meeting new people who I can now call my friends and we have not even met in person yet! I am not looking to be the next big youtuber I am just looking for fun and friendships that I can have with my loyal subscribers even if there are not many of them I rather have someone sub to me because I make good content rather than 100 sub because I shamefully advertised my channel. Just remember that being big is not the most important thing on youtube but caring for your followers and people who support you are. Just a little rant if you agree or disagree I would love to hear you oppinion. Thanks for reading. :D

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
That really works in any aspect of life as well. The more selfless you are, the happier you'll be as well as those around you. It's that I want this and I want that mentality that makes people so toxic. You are very right though, you just gotta have fun with it and go one day at a time :)

Reactions: Spartacus

Spartacus

Rising User
Aug 22, 2014
YouTube
That really works in any aspect of life as well. The more selfless you are, the happier you'll be as well as those around you. It's that I want this and I want that mentality that makes people so toxic. You are very right though, you just gotta have fun with it and go one day at a time :)
thanks sometimes at least im not the only one

Reactions: Goped Fred

BLynxS

Rising User
Mar 11, 2016
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube since last October. I did it as a way of escaping the stress of school and life. I was a way for me top be in a new world without worry. My YouTube has exploded in the last few months. So have a humble attitude towards it and you will grow.

Spartacus

Rising User
Aug 22, 2014
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube since last October. I did it as a way of escaping the stress of school and life. I was a way for me top be in a new world without worry. My YouTube has exploded in the last few months. So have a humble attitude towards it and you will grow.
exactly

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey guys this post is not meant to offend anyone or make anyone mad just wanted to start of by saying that. New Youtubers or small youtubers this is for you just a little word of advice. If you started your channel in order to be loved by tons and make money than you are doing it for the wrong reasons and need to take a look at your life. When I started making videos I saw it as a way to have fun with friends and make people happy all while meeting new people who I can now call my friends and we have not even met in person yet! I am not looking to be the next big youtuber I am just looking for fun and friendships that I can have with my loyal subscribers even if there are not many of them I rather have someone sub to me because I make good content rather than 100 sub because I shamefully advertised my channel. Just remember that being big is not the most important thing on youtube but caring for your followers and people who support you are. Just a little rant if you agree or disagree I would love to hear you oppinion. Thanks for reading. :D
Having fun should be the priority. Too many people treat this like a business, and it tells in their voice. Focusing on the numbers will only lead to people being sad. Sub4sub might make people happy for the moment, but imagine making a 100 sub video, and only 5 people watch it? It can be depressing.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Having fun should be the priority. Too many people treat this like a business, and it tells in their voice. Focusing on the numbers will only lead to people being sad. Sub4sub might make people happy for the moment, but imagine making a 100 sub video, and only 5 people watch it? It can be depressing.
The same thing happened on my first channel. I thought Sub4Sub was the greatest thing ever, getting subs quick and instantly. I wasn't even thinking that there was no real person, no real emotion and drive behind clicking that subscribe button.

My 100 'sub' special was a Terraria video, multiplayer, of course.
It has gotten 32 views since it released almost two years ago. Three of those views were from people who were subscribed. Three. That's ridiculously low for 100 subscribers.

I no longer operate the channel, and have run through many others on the journey that has taught me one valuable thing I should've known from the start;

There is no way to force yourself up on YouTube. Trying to force yourself up against the weight of the YouTube community will break your metaphorical legs and you will fall.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
The same thing happened on my first channel. I thought Sub4Sub was the greatest thing ever, getting subs quick and instantly. I wasn't even thinking that there was no real person, no real emotion and drive behind clicking that subscribe button.

My 100 'sub' special was a Terraria video, multiplayer, of course.
It has gotten 32 views since it released almost two years ago. Three of those views were from people who were subscribed. Three. That's ridiculously low for 100 subscribers.

I no longer operate the channel, and have run through many others on the journey that has taught me one valuable thing I should've known from the start;

There is no way to force yourself up on YouTube. Trying to force yourself up against the weight of the YouTube community will break your metaphorical legs and you will fall.
People did that when I was on the minecraft forums. The map creators tend to follow you till you upload the video, and they forget to unsub. It's definitely a shame knowing that people still practice this system, because we're looking out for the best in people. Having three views would be disheartening to anybody, I think back for all the channels that felt the same hit. I appreciate the further insight, because every experience has a life lesson attached to it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
People did that when I was on the minecraft forums. The map creators tend to follow you till you upload the video, and they forget to unsub. It's definitely a shame knowing that people still practice this system, because we're looking out for the best in people. Having three views would be disheartening to anybody, I think back for all the channels that felt the same hit. I appreciate the further insight, because every experience has a life lesson attached to it.
Personally, it just shows who is not worthy of the attention they think they deserve.