NEW MICROPHONE

Scottydude94

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2014
YouTube
Hey guys, so recently I was chosen by Zesty Mike and had my channel reviewed. Their comments revolved around upgrading my microphone to help get the best quality out of my voice as possible. And seeing as I use one that's already part of my headset I couldn't agree more

So here's my question. What would you say is a reasonable microphone for say around the £150 mark. I was looking at the RODE NTA-1 but I was told that I needed something more in order for it to work with my current computer

Thanks in advanced

Frank Ash

Freedom! Member
Dec 19, 2015
YouTube
The Best Microphone Is Blue Yeti, But If You Have A Low Budget You Can Buy Blue Snow Ball Ice.

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
Blue Yeti, they can go on sale very frequently online, so if you wanna wait i'd say give it a 3 month max window... On average the price fluctuates $10 - $15 USD. Also the room you record in plays a major role as well! The Blue Yeti is a great microphone but just itself isn't going to improve everything, I suggest wait till you get it, record yourself and see how it sounds... Odds are it'll sound better but not /perfect/, personally I like muffling the mic with one or two thick socks to block out factors like my breath, room echo, stuff like that. This video I'm attaching really helped me too, I made the same thing in the video so I can vouch on it working.

Sgt.Twinkle toes

Rising User
Dec 30, 2015
YouTube
If you have a whole bunch of money then go for the blue yeti but don't go for the big stuff like the audio technica because you might want to do something else but Youtube and then you just spent IDK... £500/$500? So go with the blue yeti or even the Samsung mic's. :3

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hey guys, so recently I was chosen by Zesty Mike and had my channel reviewed. Their comments revolved around upgrading my microphone to help get the best quality out of my voice as possible. And seeing as I use one that's already part of my headset I couldn't agree more

So here's my question. What would you say is a reasonable microphone for say around the £150 mark. I was looking at the RODE NTA-1 but I was told that I needed something more in order for it to work with my current computer

Thanks in advanced
The Rode NT1-A is the mic I use, and I get comments all the time asking what mic I use to get my voice sounding so nice. Have a listen to some of my shorter videos (they have more consistent commentary) so you can get an idea of what the mic can do. Any video that has a facecam I'm using live filtering through Adobe audition for, and if you can't see my face then I'm using a combination of Audacity and other software to edit the vocal quality. Mind you, audacity will work just fine by itself to get you a nice sounding voice.

I strongly recommend Rode's microphones. They're fantastic.

Keep in mind, to get the most out of a microphone you will have to fine tune the post production filtering like EQ , compression, normalization etc. But it's something you'll easily learn with some tutorials + trial and error.