Need your opinion!!!

NcrRangerGaming

Well-Known User
Apr 13, 2014
YouTube
Hey everyone, I had a quick question, but I'm going to elaborate about it to maybe help you guys give me some good answers.

All over youtube, we see "Shoutout videos". I feel like a lot of them are simply using that format to gain subscribers. For example, "To get a shoutout, subscribe and like this video!". I feel like when they use it this way, it only hurts the gaming community on youtube. I want to change that.

I would like to start a shoutout series, for those who truly deserve it, and really shoutout them out. I'd make an in depth video about their channel, touch on the great things they're doing. I'd also like to run some advertisements through the facebook and twitter Ad program. I ran my xbox one S giveaway through them, and it got thousands of likes. I feel if I did that, these shoutouts may actually help, because I've noticed that a lot of people don't actually gain any new viewers from other people's shoutouts.

So, I'm wondering do you guys thinks this type of format would be better then those "shoutout sunday" videos? I also wouldn't be making the videos super often, that way when a channel is shouted out, my viewers are more likely to check them out because they aren't being spammed by shout outs.!

Reactions: AFKPlays

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yea, I'd really like to do this. I guess all I have to do is start getting people to want some shoutouts :)
well that shouldn't be that difficult. The thing you should be looking at now is how you are going to pick people, as you said these will only be for people you think "really deserve it".

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Hey everyone, I had a quick question, but I'm going to elaborate about it to maybe help you guys give me some good answers.

All over youtube, we see "Shoutout videos". I feel like a lot of them are simply using that format to gain subscribers. For example, "To get a shoutout, subscribe and like this video!". I feel like when they use it this way, it only hurts the gaming community on youtube. I want to change that.

I would like to start a shoutout series, for those who truly deserve it, and really shoutout them out. I'd make an in depth video about their channel, touch on the great things they're doing. I'd also like to run some advertisements through the facebook and twitter Ad program. I ran my xbox one S giveaway through them, and it got thousands of likes. I feel if I did that, these shoutouts may actually help, because I've noticed that a lot of people don't actually gain any new viewers from other people's shoutouts.

So, I'm wondering do you guys thinks this type of format would be better then those "shoutout sunday" videos? I also wouldn't be making the videos super often, that way when a channel is shouted out, my viewers are more likely to check them out because they aren't being spammed by shout outs.!
Yeah, if I want a shoutout, I'd rather it be because someone actually likes my content. Only one person did it for that reason, though, he was actually the only person to give me a shoutout at all. Even though he was a much smaller YouTuber than me, the way he shouted out was much more appreciated. In a video he made, he linked to my video of the same game he was playing.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT

Hey man, you're awesome for coming up with a plan and caring for the channels whom you give shoutouts to :D I really appreciate ya man! I think this way, more justice is done!

Reactions: NcrRangerGaming

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

I think that the way you want to go at it will be more effective then how most people do it so it is worth a shot. With this you help the community gain some additional views wich you will be appraised for :)

Slupper

New User
Nov 6, 2016
I wanted to say this a great idea hands down i'm not trying to kiss up to you at all for the subs i actually want to make this YT thing not just a hobby and i feel like you can help me i only have 35 subs and i dont want you to feel sympathetic for me at all. I just want a little push after this post i will have checked out your channel like they say i scratch your back you scratch mine it would be nice if you checked my channel also.

YT channel: Japanigga Slupper(search in search bar)

Reactions: NcrRangerGaming

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
It is a good format to do a shout out series, but it still won't be beneficial because they won't gain any new subs or view wont increase.
Why so negative? If the person doing the shoutout has a large viewer base, and those viewers trust his opinion, then I can see this "real" type of shoutout having the potential to benefit those who he shouts out.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
Why so negative? If the person doing the shoutout has a large viewer base, and those viewers trust his opinion, then I can see this "real" type of shoutout having the potential to benefit those who he shouts out.
Giving a shout out doesn't really help unless you have a lot of subs, like 100k and up. You might get a few more subs, but it's all going to be inactive subs so your views won't change at all.

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Giving a shout out doesn't really help unless you have a lot of subs, like 100k and up. You might get a few more subs, but it's all going to be inactive subs so your views won't change at all.
Your point is valid about most likely gaining just a few subs from a shout out from a smaller channel like his, but you can't predict whether or not they will be active subs or not. Some of those few subs may end up loving your content and be dedicated and stick with you the whole way through.