Tips & Tricks Need help with thumbnails

Popeye2679

Rising User
Oct 4, 2015
YouTube
Hey everyone I am having the toughest time creating great looking thumbnails for my videos. I don't have photoshop and don't really consider myself the most creative person, however I do have great ideas but just don't know how to implement my ideas. If anyone has any tips or anything that can help me please reply. Thanks in advance

Zurhv

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
Hey Popeye, you honestly don't have to have photoshop to make great looking thumbnails, etc... I made a video about a great "online" photoshop that's great and free! I use it for my thumbnails, channel art, pictures, and profile pictures! So, here's the link --> https://pixlr.com/editor/

Reactions: Popeye2679

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey everyone I am having the toughest time creating great looking thumbnails for my videos. I don't have photoshop and don't really consider myself the most creative person, however I do have great ideas but just don't know how to implement my ideas. If anyone has any tips or anything that can help me please reply. Thanks in advance
To ease your burden, you can also find a small youtuber that offers help in making art, for free, or low price. It'll pay off for the long term, and save you frustrations for what looks great or not ^^

Hungry4Games

Mar 15, 2016
Belgium
twitter.com
YouTube
I see you've got a lot of good tips here, I use GIMP myself, but Canva is a great online tool as well.
The important thing to remember when doing thumbnails for a channel: try and make them have an overall similarity...
Just ot give an example: all my thumbnails have a bitemark in them... that way people can immediately spot that it's one of my vids.
Also don't clutter them too much, Keep It Simple is key! people tend to watch the thumbnails more than the titles and if the picture isn't clear, you might loose out on some potential viewers.
I wish you a lot of luck on your adventures in the world of youtube! Hope to see you grow together with the Freedom family

Ben Needham

Rising User
Mar 28, 2016
I think i can help, add me on skype: ben_zi_bo